logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GnuralNet  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:00:05 PM(UTC)
GnuralNet

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

I am building a new machine for my vMix system, and seem to be having trouble getting it to recognize my XKeys controller. This controller works fine on my current vMix system and executes shortcuts as expected.

I have tried in in both USB 2 and USB 3 ports on the new system with no luck. The system is built on a Intel i7-7700 (Gen7-Kaby Lake) with an EVGA GTX-1060 GPU and 16GB of DDR4 Ram. I am running Windows 10 (with all updates applied) and the latest version of vMix (18.0.0.63). The system it is running correctly on is an Origin Laptop with an Intel i7-6700 (the desktop version) with an EVGA GTX-1070 GPU - the only significant difference being the Gen 6 vs Gen 7 CPU.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might need to do? If you would like any specific additional information, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or insights.

Best,
John Mahoney
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:06:52 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
John,

Welcome to the vMix Forum. XKeys are great vMix controllers. Other than the obvious (reboot, reconnect, reinstall, etc.) I don't have a clue. You might also check the XKeys Forum. They are very responsive.

Good luck. Please let us know what you find.

- Tom
thanks 1 user thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
GnuralNet on 2/1/2017(UTC)
Mathijs  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:08:52 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Did you install the xkeys software? If so uninstall it as it is not needed and check again if vMix detects it.
thanks 1 user thanked Mathijs for this useful post.
GnuralNet on 2/1/2017(UTC)
GnuralNet  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:38:04 PM(UTC)
GnuralNet

Thank you both for the quick replies.

I specifically didn't install any special drivers for XKeys on this system. The is a fresh system dedicated as a vMix station. It has the base Windows 10 Pro (with all updates), nVidia drivers for the GTX1060, and the standard collection of motherboard drivers for USB, Network, Audio, etc. (the motherboard is an MSI Gaming H270 (for the 7th Gen i7 with the intel H270 chipset). We have Google's Chrome browser installed so we can reference the internet to configure live streaming to Facebook and YouTube, but have not plug-ins or extensions installed there either

There are no other applications or special drivers installed here - it is being set up for only one purpose and we want to keep it clean and streamlined.

I'll go through everything again with the standard system install to see if something suspicious made it in and ket everyone know.

If nothing turns up from that, I'll be at a bit of a loss. Any other thoughts - from the obvious to the extreme - continue to be welcomed

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Best,
John
GnuralNet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:49:41 PM(UTC)
GnuralNet

SUCCESS!

It turns out in the basic motherboard installation, two additional MSI utilities were installed (MSIRegistry.exe and MSIFastCharge.exe) that didn't seem necessary.

When I uninstalled them and rebooted the system, vMix was able to recognize the XKeys controller, and all is again well.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Your suggestions got me thinking about what else might be installed, which ultimately let to a resolution.

Best,
John

P.S. - I've only been using vMix for about a month and am very impressed with what it can do. I have much to learn, but am excited to start down the path.