logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:10:24 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi

I have some titles that get their data from a google sheet using Data Sources. When I modify the title using Title Editor all the data sources shift their positions.

i.e. I have three fields Headingin, Subtext and Terms. I have a few images, a lower third background, and a logo. I also have a ticker scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

If I have to add an extra graphic, or line of text to the template, all the 'connected' data sources get messed up and my headline becomes my Subtext and it becomes very unstable. If by any chance I delete an element and my ticker gets assigned one of the rogue data sources, it just kills VMIX - unable to remove overlay, and the whole graphic layer freezes.

It looks like the data sources are numerical indexed to the title fields, as opposed to being tied by their name, so when a title template is modified in Title editor, and re-loaded into the project all hell breaks loose unless you reset all the mapping from scratch.

I actually have a bigger project with over 30 mappings, and I can be re-mapping them every time I modify a title design.

All The Best

Keith
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:00:06 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

if you label your columns in google sheet and your text fields in xaml with the EXACT SAME NAME, you should not face this issue. All fields will be mapped automatically even if you change or add things.

Keep us posted!
Guillaume
kgoodyer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:43:50 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Would you believe it - There is NO option to use the first row as column names in the Data Sources Google Sheets import tool, its only in the Data Sources .xls import tool. Martin just an over site I hope?

I'm gona import the google doc into a local .xls file whilst I develop, but ultimately want to use google sheets as my data input guts are all over the globe, and google sheets makes it east for us all.

Keith
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:46:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4156 time(s) in 1493 post(s)
Sorry about that, looks like it crept in a recent update, as the option was available before, will fix in the next update.

As for the hanging / crashing, large amounts of text will cause the title to freeze as it takes a long time to render, so be careful
about assigning text and make sure not to assign data sources to tickers, in fact keep tickers as separate inputs entirely so they are never assigned to data.
kgoodyer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:55:25 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Hey Martin,

No big issue, using an XLS for now. Have separated ticker into separate layer, yeah really screwed things up with Title designer having them combined.

Best Regards

Keith