logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
r@wisla  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:10:43 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Nice setup, thanks for sharing.

What is the total weight of it? Are You sure Your rack case is solid enough to use such heavy equipment?

I guess that you may have some problems with air circulation. Your case has fans on the left and right - they blow the air right into your case side. This may be not enough...
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:31:51 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ nilgarcia0

Nice Job! Killer system. Thanks for sharing.
Are the ATEM's still part of your workflow? (I'm always curious to know some of the story behind the transition to vMix, the business decision is never easy when significant money has already been invested... Do you ride it out and transition slowly or abandon ship and start afresh?).
Keep us posted as to how well it works for you and if there are any shortcomings that you would or will change next time around (like the ventilation that r@wisla raises) or maybe adding wheels to the case.

Ice
nilgarcia0  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:11:33 AM(UTC)
nilgarcia0

r@wisla wrote:
Nice setup, thanks for sharing.

What is the total weight of it? Are You sure Your rack case is solid enough to use such heavy equipment?

I guess that you may have some problems with air circulation. Your case has fans on the left and right - they blow the air right into your case side. This may be not enough...

Hi r@wisla,

The case is not the best one on the market but it does the job perfectly.

I did a lot of stress test for temperatures and they were pretty good overall. My iMac 5k (we used that before to stream with Wirecast) with the same processor performs worse in temperatures than this setup and it's not obstructed. Nothing to worry as I intalled 2 extra fans behind and CPU it's water cooled.
nilgarcia0  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:13:16 AM(UTC)
nilgarcia0

IceStream wrote:
@ nilgarcia0

Nice Job! Killer system. Thanks for sharing.
Are the ATEM's still part of your workflow? (I'm always curious to know some of the story behind the transition to vMix, the business decision is never easy when significant money has already been invested... Do you ride it out and transition slowly or abandon ship and start afresh?).
Keep us posted as to how well it works for you and if there are any shortcomings that you would or will change next time around (like the ventilation that r@wisla raises) or maybe adding wheels to the case.

Ice

Yes, we're using ATEM at the moment but we're buying the Decklink Duo 2 soon as It'll be more convenient.
SHMD  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:51:44 PM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Nice looking system all in a single case, seems like more people are moving away from the basic ATEM and going with a vMix PC solution.

-s

r@wisla  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 8:50:18 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Nilgarcia0,

What did you use to mount the PC chassis into the rack? Was it Silverstone Rackmount Kit DG07-GD10? Did you mount it only in the front of the chassis or you used something more (at the back or in the middle?)?
digitalalps  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 12:42:33 PM(UTC)
digitalalps

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)