logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boberinosagetino  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 7:20:18 PM(UTC)
boberinosagetino

Groups: Registered

I'm not sure if this is possible, if it is could someone please tell me how to...

I would like to trigger a title overlay every time the text changes in the data source.

Thanks,
apocnz  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:15:12 AM(UTC)
apocnz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Don't suppose you found a solution for this? Looking for the same.

I know the social title software does it (triggers a title on new data or stuff being added to the queue),
but can't find anything for just triggering a title/overlay from a data source change.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:29:45 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
me think its a slippery slope as depending to how fast data changes it would look like one could easely loose control on how frequent the overlay happens.
if data changes very frequently imo having the overlay stay put looks much nicer that the frequent appering and disapearing of the overlay showing the changes

that said if one really needs this in the odd occasion i personaly would program it in the title itself with databinding ; execute a function like an animation based on the data (change) .
we often animate parts of the overlay based on values of the datasource, granted the overlays are specific to our data functionality and functions. takes a bit of prepping but in the end well worth it

full automations can be sweet but i prefer having manual overide available still
apocnz  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:50:41 PM(UTC)
apocnz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yea, the data doesn't change that much for this particular purpose.

its streaming local football, and the idea was whenever the score changes, it would trigger the score bug title on overlay.

I know what you mean however, it would also be nice to have the option to turn the trigger off/on at a key press to override any sillyness.

For now, its full manual for us.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 5:15:20 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
As titles are basically elements that are shown or not you could easely incorporate that in a bit of scripting witin the title code.
There have been a few examples in the forum to change colors for example based on values of a text field , why not add some code to show all the elements for a while and then hide based on ifchanged element ?

once designed you would not have to worry about it anymore and be able to focus on the data and rest of the production.

here is an example where elements apear and disapear based on values ( lower right ) and hide the title when time is reset (will reapear when clock starts running)

Personally i am happy vMix allows to do some DIY :-)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
rowby on 2/16/2018(UTC)