logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User4635  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 5:22:09 PM(UTC)
User4635

Groups: Registered

I think there are a number of essential shortucuts function that have not yet been implemented in vmix, and looking at the new activator function, it seems at least one function is lacking.
To list them simply :

Activator function :

- InputActive or InputProgram or the likes. As in 'returns true if input 'input' is currently on program'. This is the first thing I was excited to have when I read about the activators (with the InputPreview function), but it's not there.

//EDIT : Adding the possibility to have the LED blink instead of a constant lit up would probably be nice too, if possible

Shortcut fuctions :

- A set of TransitionXDuration functions that can set the duration of either the auto Transition1, Transition2 etc. Like with a fader or something. Either by directly indicating a range when creating the shortcut and use the fader to navigate in it, or by using faderValue*frameDuration or faderValue*customModifier.

- Ability to modify FadeToBlack duration, at least somewhere in the settings. Then a function to do that with a shortcut.

On a separate note, as I often need to send a black picture during live events, i really find the absence of a 'SendBlack' or 'SendColor' in vmix. Even though beeing able to modify the FTB duration would do the trick in my case, there could be a lot of other cases where sending a color (say white) or coulour bars would be often necessary, and in those cases it's frustrating to have to add it as an input, have it appear in the multiview, having the occasion to mess up and preview the color instead of a real input, and having to carefully configure your controller so that your PV1 hardware button actually acts as previewInput2 because input 1 is actually your 'SendColor'. All this to say that SendColor, or at least SendBlack & SendBars should be directly integrated in vmix, and even have buttons in the interface.

And I do insist to add that I love vmix, and that the new update is awesome.