logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Braindead  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 6:07:33 PM(UTC)
Braindead

Groups: Registered

I am using and LOVE vMix with two cameras....no problem. Now I have set up a document camera that has USB 3.0 out.
I can get the audio but not the video. The output from the document camera is 1920/1080. The vMix list of inputs does recognize the document camera but only audio. I have tried many different settings but no luck.

The camera has it's own monitor so I know the video is there. This has got to be a newbie's ignorance!

Ideas?
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 7:17:17 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
You could tell us the exact model of camera and what software standards the driver supports (eg DirectShow) if you can find it? Also, how it appears in the Windows Device Manager, and under what group of devices (eg Sound Video & Game Controllers, or as an Imaging Device). You cannot assume that all cameras will be supported under vMix, unless the camera appears to be supported in all similar software.
Braindead  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:43:36 AM(UTC)
Braindead

zenvideo wrote:
You could tell us the exact model of camera and what software standards the driver supports (eg DirectShow) if you can find it? Also, how it appears in the Windows Device Manager, and under what group of devices (eg Sound Video & Game Controllers, or as an Imaging Device). You cannot assume that all cameras will be supported under vMix, unless the camera appears to be supported in all similar software.

In "device manager", it is shown as an "imaging device". The camera is a "HoverCam Ultra 8" document camera.

I appreciate your help.
Braindead  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:53:10 AM(UTC)
Braindead

Hold the presses! I solved the problem. My internet security program (eSet) was blocking the input.
I am working on the settings for a permanent exception.