logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hall3008  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:32:59 PM(UTC)
Hall3008

Groups: Registered
Man
Croatia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello everyone. I have a question. So, of course I use Vmix 18 and now would like to study in his live interview over the phone. So that when I have a live broadcast that we can contact people by phone live. How is it best to do. Divider to some awards and so on, I have to realize the live contact with your viewers. What do you do and what it takes to do it. And what is the condition for good.
Maximus  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 7:46:57 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
You need a Telephone Hybrid Interface. JK Audio makes some affordable versions, but others are available. You have to pick the right one for the phone System (Digital, Analogue, PBX etc.)

Maxi
kjones9999  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 9:45:54 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I pay $3 a month and Skype lets you dial cell/landline phones.
Digitalson  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 10:02:03 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups:

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Also u can do a google number,I use it for calls the u can do a loop connection in the interface and make a audio input for calls and an aux out for return..my loop is a aes digital connection but I think u can do a virtual connection
rowby  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 11:28:10 AM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi

As a follow up, with phone calls -- and skype video etc, and playing it all out on YouTube live (for example) how do we deal with latency.

I've seen a YouTube live show delay as much as 15 minutes.

Or is this a non-issue, as long as the caller is told to turn down his/her computer audio???? Like the instructions you hear in some radio talk shows????

Rowby
TV97  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 12:45:44 PM(UTC)
TV97

Guadeloupe

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
For telephone conversation only, This solution Input and Headphone Output for Smartphones works with my Samsung S7 with my soundcard and VMIX.
https://www.bhphotovideo...dual_trrs_input_and.html

mjgraves  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 3:52:42 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I do this every week for a hangout/podcast that I co-produce (http://www.vuc.me.) We're a bit unusual in that we're all telecom geeks of one sort or another.

While I like some telephone hybrids, they get costly quick and usually deliver marginal audio quality. I prefer to use something that lets me take advantage of HDVoice where I can, and without using too much hardware.

HDVoice delivers an audio channel that's 50Hz - 7KHz. It sounds dramatically better than a typical phone call. To achieve HDVoice you must have control of both ends of the call and avoid the PSTN altogether. It's a long topic that I've covered on my blog over the years. (http://www.mgraves.org)

The short story is that you can use a SIP soft phone (Bria, but there are many) and a software mixer (VoiceMeeter Banana) to create a soft hybrid. That's what I do every week.

We interconnect a Hangout to the ZipDX conference server. In this way we can have many people connected via telephone; some in HDVoice via SIP, others via traditional dial-in number.

We actually have a sponsor (Voxbone.com) that provides us with dial-in numbers in 50+ countries. We have participants in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, even Tunisia now and again.

Skype is ok, but the quality delivered varies a lot these days.

I'm more a fan of leveraging free, WebRTC-based services that anyone can access using Chrome. They deliver great audio quality using the Opus codec, and there's nothing to install. Just distribute a URL for the "room." Jitsi Video Bridge is a favorite.
sinc747  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:48:03 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
Super low tech solution from an old show:
Starts at about 13:30.

- Tom