logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 10:11:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Recording a delayed camera input I need to match its audio too, standard it will take the master out and one can delay that in the same fashion as the video itself but I want only the audio of the camera (or a field mic so no added music or commentary as per stream)

as is thanks to NDI after loading the camera as input one can now also get the same camera as an NDI input (the USB3 capture card shows up under NDI inputs)
As it i treated as a camera one can set a delay on that feed and choose the recording to be that input. one can delay the audio either on the input level or the recording settings level but it will not be the camera one but the master audio

any audio setup advice to match please

Streaming remains real time

recordings are triggered by infrared beam hence the delay needed to record also to include some footage prior to breaking the beam

Guy

Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 11:45:48 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I may not be understanding the full process going on here but... If you want to delay just the camera audio you can go in to the audio mixer settings for that input and delay the camera audio there.

Chuck
doggy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 4:14:22 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Yes the audio of the source can be delayed so when having that input active the audio match ( video and audio delayed)

I am using this input to record a delayed version of the live feed by specifying this input in the recording/external settings but this does not apply to its audio but will record rather the master (or other) audio channels, as mentioned I do not want the live ( mixed) audio but to camera one in the delayed recording

EDIT : OK Scratch this , conflict of external and recording specific input , need to go to multicorder capability , sorry