logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nethfel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 6:59:49 PM(UTC)
nethfel

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I was doing some more experimenting today to make sure I have a better grasp of what happens when I transition from one input to another.

I ran into some issues with audio and came up with a solution, but not sure if it's the best one.

Ok - so here's the setup:

3x cameras, 2 through (#1, #2) HDMI capture, 1 (#3) USB webcam
All audio comes into camera #1 (#2 and #3 have built in mics, but only want sound from cam 1) EXCEPT when playing the video file
1x video file

What I found:
Whenever I transitioned between cameras, it would swap audio being sent to the output. So I started toggling the audio button on the various inputs - still had trouble with the audio being shut off when transitioned off #1.

What I did to solve it:
Added a 5th Audio input that is just the audio from the HDMI capture card (luckily the card makes the audio available separately) cam 1 is connected to

With the audio input, it always was hot and working no matter what input I had live.

So - my question - is there a better way I could have done this? Perhaps without adding another separate input?
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:45:52 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
What you will want to do is click the Audio Folllows video button on your camera inputs. It is the button with the arrows pointing left and right on the settings for each input on the audio mixer panel. Make sure these are off otherwise it will activate the audio as the cameras go live.

Now for your video file make sure you have that "Follow Audio" button clicked and when you transition to that file it will automatically play your audio and turn it off when it goes back to the camera shot.

Playing around with these options will give you what you are looking for.

Chuck
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:05:58 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
You may want to add some triggers to your video input to turn the camera audio off at the beginning of the video and back on at the end of the video - unless you want your camera audio to come through.
Siroki  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 5:33:18 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Kelvin wrote:
You may want to add some triggers to your video input to turn the camera audio off at the beginning of the video and back on at the end of the video - unless you want your camera audio to come through.

I had the same question few months ago and solved that with this

Just click on arrows left-right (green-orange) in camera audio input on right side, turn it off. Then click on AUDIO below input to set on certain camera input main audio and thats it. If there are some commercials you can just add triggers there to turn off audio on camera on start and turn on on end of commercial

simple as that
nethfel  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 5:10:52 PM(UTC)
nethfel

Got it all worked out - thanks for the tips all! Between the Follows toggle and the triggers, I've gotten everything pretty much how I want it now for at least the trial/test event.

I have to say, I am really digging the triggers!