logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Duff TV  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:29:22 AM(UTC)
Duff TV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have noticed that since upgrading to windows 10 and using a faster graphics card (1060 as apposed to a 660) that the Vmix recording quality is almost as good if not nearly identical to the camera recordings from my Canon XF305 cameras.

I am recording FFMPEG files at 720 50P at 50M which is pretty high and does result in using lots of hard drive space.

I record lots of dance concerts in low light and then the Vmix files are edited and recompressed to 10M MPEG4 files. The end result when looking at the footage on a large TV is pretty awesome.

I haven't really experimented with recording at lower bit rates though I did try MPEG 4 at 12M and the footage looked pretty good.

Very happy chappy. I will most likely now update to the full version which allows one to also record the raw camera files meaning I will not have to dump 5 cameras if doing a multicam. Of course one should still record to camera - just in case.

Just one thing though I have noticed that if I set the record clip interval at every 30 minutes, that a few frames are lost and that it jumps out of sync with the camera vision.

I have since disabled that feature so a 2 hour recording is just one clip.

GO VMIX!
thanks 1 user thanked Duff TV for this useful post.
ask on 12/7/2016(UTC)
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:49:06 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 200 time(s) in 166 post(s)
You might also try setting the Recorder to MP4 and checking the Use Hardware Encoder checkbox. You can set the bitrate down to even about 8M and still get great recordings. vMix with your new Nvidia card will make easy work of recording to MP4.

- Tom