logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amsudeen  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:21:25 AM(UTC)
amsudeen

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
can i use vmix in dual monitor.

like preview windows in one monitER

OTHERS ALL ONE MONITOR.

IT IS POSSSIBLE?

THANKU
thanks 1 user thanked amsudeen for this useful post.
Sven on 3/23/2013(UTC)
Sven  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:50:51 AM(UTC)
Sven

amsudeen wrote:
can i use vmix in dual monitor.

like preview windows in one monitER

OTHERS ALL ONE MONITOR.

IT IS POSSSIBLE?

THANKU

I would like your discription, too... but it´s not possible at the moment. you can´t undog inputs! i hope we get this feature!
macjaeger  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:57:56 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
One could use hardware like matrox Dualhead2Go / Triplehead2Go and double the usable desktop space. But that wouldn't help much, unless there's more freedom to adjust the positions of elements.
ber142  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 5:47:08 PM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

I think multi monitor support with flexible inputs is a must for future versions of this great product.

In my standard preset I have 7 camera's, 3 delays, 4 overlays and a lot of other fixed inputs. Even with 2 input lines and a 1920x1080 screen it's very difficult to manage everything in a correct way and to keep a good overview.

According to my idea dockable inputs are not really necessary for good solution. I prefer a mechanism to define a custom number of input lines in a flexible way. Define for each line:

* on whicht output screen the input line should become visible (could be on a second screen)
* the position (rownumber) of the line on the output screen
* the size of the inputs (for my camera's the size should be larger than for a line with static inputs, e.g. images)

Finally, it should be possible to place an input on a certain input line, even if the previous line is not yet full. New inputs can be automaticly place on the line of the current focused input. Drag/drop of input should still be posible of course with respect of the input lines their sizes.

With this it's possbile e.g. to setup 3 rows, one on the mainscreen, 2 on the secondscreen. Then put 4 camera's on my first input row of my second screen in a large size, put 3 delays on my second row on the second screen in a smaller size and put some static images and overlays on the row of my mainscreen. As a result my preview and live window can be larger then with the current 2 static input lines.

I'll hope my explanation clear and Martin can do something with it in a next version,

Regards,

Hanno