logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cormac  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:31:11 AM(UTC)
Cormac

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi
I have an Atem TVs 3hdmi and 3 sdi inputs.
I'd love to keep using it with vmix.
Would it be possible to use Xkeys ( maybe with activators )with activators to tell vmix to change to the appropriate input and the atem to change to the desired camera at the same time ?

So I have 4 cameras attached to the atem and the desired result is

press one of the 4 keys on xkeys which tell both the atem and vmix to goto a certain input?

Even if I were to use a second midi controller for the atem and have the activators send a signal to that at the same time as to the xkeys?
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:47:00 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I waited to reply to see if anyone had any specific answers to your problem. I don't have an ATEM anymore, but I did when I started using vMix about a year ago. What you want to do may be possible, But I don't know about the logistics of using 1 controller to control 2 pieces of software.

What I can tell you however, is how much of a pain it was to try to get the 2 to work together. I can understand what you want to do and hope you can get it to work because it will solve a problem that I have dealt with in the past. But, I have since sold my ATEM and purchased additional input cards so I can bring my video straight from my sources to vMix. I now use the Tally Light feature built in to the web controller, which was something I couldn't utilize while using the ATEM either.

I fought removing the ATEM from my production setup since I had been using it so long, but I have never looked back after selling it and using vMix to switch my sources.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not trying to sway you in one direction over the other, but I feel your pain. It was very tricky trying to coordinate the dance between my vMix setup and my ATEM switcher operator.

Good luck
Chuck