logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjgraves  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:44:09 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I have a curious little project in progress. I'm using an array of IP surveillance cameras to monitor a remote circumstance. I bring the streams back to vMix.

I'd also like to capture the output of an Android tablet, bringing it back to vMix like it's another camera. The tablet must be located at the monitoring site, which is basically a weather tight case at a construction site.

The tablet will output video via it's USB port if I use an HDMI splitter and something to satisfy the HDCP handshake. Already have that working.

What I'm left needing is a hardware encoder. HDMI input and ONVIF compliant H264 stream output. That way I can run the stream into an NVR for a local recording andbring it back to vMix in my office.

My cameras and the NVR are from Grandstream. They make an encoder that's just $90, but it's designed for analog video input (BNC) at SD resolution. I need an HDMI input at HD resolution.

I see things like this on Amazon (http://amzn.to/2fnRJVG) for $250. Does anyone have experience with such devices?

Of course, I'd like to do it as inexpensively as I can.

Thanks,