logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
um@equilive.dk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:18:05 PM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Groups: Registered

Dear Martin and co,

Vmix v18 is impressive. I have just completed a 4 day production, where my vmix 18.0.0.52 have been running the entire time. It has been controlling a gigantscreen, two additional hdmi output which was distributed via dvb-t to multiple tv's, separate handling of sound via sound channel A and B - and it has been uploading two streams simultaneous. I ended up working with 60 to 70 different inputs. Everything has work without any problems - it has been fantastic.

Two minor things have come up - that I hope you can locate and fix in a coming build.

First - Changing an existing input by using the CHANGE button works fine, but when I started using SHORTCUTS, I discovered that every time I changed an input - my shortcuts input source was changed also. It was necessary for me to verify and adjust all my shortcuts every time I "changed" an existing input. Today after the show I have tried to make a small configuration with 6 input, and I see the same behavior when changing/modifying a input.

Second - After 2 days with without errors, I got the idea to create a input type LIST - added 10 videos - and had it running continuously in a small overlay in one of my hdmi output (information's screen). It looked perfectly - and the sponsors got extra attention this way. After running 6-12 hour, I started to receive "Memory Low" error from Windows stating that I should close down the vMix application. I tried this once - and got the error again the day after! The last day I decided to remove the LIST input again, and after this I did not get the error any more.

It seems that there might be an issue - either a memory leak - or the way the entries in the LIST input is handled that claims memory from the OS.

I hope that you can locate the minor error too.

Other than these two relative small issues - I just have to say that I am a fan! It is the best software ever, and there seems to be endless many ways to be creative with vMix on the table :-)

Best regards
Ulrik Müller
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:42:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi Ulrik,

On the first point, did you create the shortcuts before creating the inputs? If so you will need to go into
the shortcuts and edit them and then click ok for them to associate with the newly added inputs.
(If you follow this step, changing the input will still keep them linked as expected)

Otherwise they won't know what inputs to apply to and will go by number order as a fallback.

Second - can you let me know the video file types being played back?

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
um@equilive.dk  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:48:56 AM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Groups: Registered

Martin,

I did it in the following order

1. Start vMix - no presets loaded
2. Create 6 inputs with different content
3. Set input 1 as my main out
4. Creates a shortcut that will turn input 2 on and off as an overlay
5. Edit input 4 - click the CHANGE buttom and select a different type of input. Fx. from a video to an image
6. Select EDIT SHORTCUTS, and notice that "input 2" now has change to a different input
7. My shortcut key is now turning a different input on as overlay....

I hope that you can recreate this - if not i can make a short video for you!

Regarding my second topic - all videos was mp4 files.

/Ulrik
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:36:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Just followed those steps and the shortcut stayed on input 2 when changing input 4.
A video might be helpful.

Also if possible can you load the list with the videos in it, then go to Settings -> About click Send Support Report and email us your license key to info@vmix.com.au

Thanks,

Martin