logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mashynewie2  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 5:40:21 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 154
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I do live streaming but I spent so much time packing up my PC and ALL the bits and pieces to do a stream.

So I decided to build an all-in-1 setup so I could just turn up with 1 box and start streaming immedately. I also wanted the option to run the equipment in my car (just like an OB Van).

So I built a new;
- Norco RPC-432 Rackmount Server Chassis
- Intel i7-6700K
- Z170X Gaming 7 Motherboard.
- 2 x M.2 onboard Intel 600p 512gb drives in RAID 1.
- Corsair RM1000X Power Supply
- 980ti Graphics Card
- Noctua NH9B CPU cooler.
- Blackmagic Decklink Quad 2 (8 SDI inputs)
- X-Keys Rack.
- Hyperdeck Studio (which I am going to sell soon)
- 1U 1080p Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse
- 1U 1080p Monitor
- 1U 8 outlet power board.

(some stuff I pulled out of my desktop PC which will no longer stream)

I couldn't fit the 2nd monitor into the rack so I need to upgrade to a 10u flight case soon.

So pretty much, I can just rock up with cameras and this box and some cables and live stream. No PAINFUL packing up, and setting up procedure.

See pics;

mashynewie2 attached the following image(s):
2nd-monitor.JPG (1,806kb) downloaded 265 time(s).
front-closed.JPG (2,253kb) downloaded 263 time(s).
inside-pc.JPG (1,969kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
keyboard-monitor-extended.JPG (1,823kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
rear.JPG (2,197kb) downloaded 233 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 3 users thanked mashynewie2 for this useful post.
Squier on 1/4/2017(UTC), MasterYon on 3/21/2017(UTC), ProSonas on 12/26/2018(UTC)
Siroki  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 6:48:06 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 321
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Location: Siroki Brijeg

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
This looks very nice. How much money did you spent on this?

Best regards
Marko
mashynewie2  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 6:58:41 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 154
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I spent around $3000AUD to complete this setup but I am selling all my old stuff (ATEM/Teradek) which will cover this cost.

AND I had some of the hardware already (Decklink/980ti) in my desktop PC.

I finally put all my trust into vMix! No more spaghetti joining a heap of hardware-based devices.

Originally I said "Hardware devices are more reliable than software based" but I have changed my mind. If you have 6 or 7 pieces of hardware running your production and one dies or crashes, that's your whole production down the drain. With vMix you just need 2 PC's both running RAID1 for redundancy and you are set!
thanks 1 user thanked mashynewie2 for this useful post.
stigaard on 11/20/2016(UTC)
Siroki  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 7:29:31 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 321
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Location: Siroki Brijeg

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
mashynewie2 wrote:
I spent around $3000AUD to complete this setup but I am selling all my old stuff (ATEM/Teradek) which will cover this cost.

AND I had some of the hardware already (Decklink/980ti) in my desktop PC.

I finally put all my trust into vMix! No more spaghetti joining a heap of hardware-based devices.

Originally I said "Hardware devices are more reliable than software based" but I have changed my mind. If you have 6 or 7 pieces of hardware running your production and one dies or crashes, that's your whole production down the drain. With vMix you just need 2 PC's both running RAID1 for redundancy and you are set!


ATEM tv studio?
How much are you asking for it?

You can send me pp if you want

thx
nilgarcia0  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:25:31 AM(UTC)
nilgarcia0

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/3/2017(UTC)
Posts: 18
Location: Spain

Thanks: 1 times
Hello,

I'm really astonished by your set. I want to build something similar. I'd like to know what's your solution for audio input.

Thanks
Ash  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:31:30 PM(UTC)
Ash

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/19/2013(UTC)
Posts: 116
Location: Hobart Tasmania Australia

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Mashynewie2 where did you source the 1U 1080p Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse and Norco Chassis here in Oz or did you get it overseas?

Cheers
Ash


mashynewie2 wrote:
I do live streaming but I spent so much time packing up my PC and ALL the bits and pieces to do a stream.

So I decided to build an all-in-1 setup so I could just turn up with 1 box and start streaming immedately. I also wanted the option to run the equipment in my car (just like an OB Van).

So I built a new;
- Norco RPC-432 Rackmount Server Chassis
- Intel i7-6700K
- Z170X Gaming 7 Motherboard.
- 2 x M.2 onboard Intel 600p 512gb drives in RAID 1.
- Corsair RM1000X Power Supply
- 980ti Graphics Card
- Noctua NH9B CPU cooler.
- Blackmagic Decklink Quad 2 (8 SDI inputs)
- X-Keys Rack.
- Hyperdeck Studio (which I am going to sell soon)
- 1U 1080p Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse
- 1U 1080p Monitor
- 1U 8 outlet power board.

(some stuff I pulled out of my desktop PC which will no longer stream)

I couldn't fit the 2nd monitor into the rack so I need to upgrade to a 10u flight case soon.

So pretty much, I can just rock up with cameras and this box and some cables and live stream. No PAINFUL packing up, and setting up procedure.

See pics;


mashynewie2  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:55:35 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 154
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
nilgarcia0 wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to know what's your solution for audio input.


Just the motherboard soundcard if I am taking a feed from the venue.

If I have to run PA then I use a Behringer X32 rack and just plug that into the PC using USB.
mashynewie2  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:07:05 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 154
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Ash wrote:
Hi Mashynewie2 where did you source the 1U 1080p Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse and Norco Chassis here in Oz or did you get it overseas?


Norco was from Best Buy

The 1U was from overseas. I don't have the reciept on me to find the store but if search the net you can easily find it
totalfreedom  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:49:54 AM(UTC)
totalfreedom

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/10/2018(UTC)
Posts: 2
Location: Portugal

Hi Mashynewie2,

What is the monitor brand and model?
And are you happy with it?

Thank you
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
Our NEW Rack vMix System (Systems)
by nilgarcia0 1/31/2017 7:56:39 AM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.