logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
321actionvideo  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 11:42:32 AM(UTC)
321actionvideo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For most inputs you wouldn't need this if its just loading a video or an overlay etc. But I have multiple camera settings, capture card settings, position, color changes, or custom xaml overlay that I like to use, but each time I load them I have to start over. Sometimes this could be in the middle of a live stream, and to load a saved vmix preset would mean I would have to stop the stream, and load when all I want to do is to load a saved input. So I would like to suggest a way to save preset inputs for adding on the fly.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 2:44:51 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Please have a look at Export/Import individual inputs and shortcut sets, and perhaps also the more recent Copy settings from input to other inputs to see if those Feature requests would be worth your support. Or, in other words, if implemented would satisfy your needs.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 2:51:57 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
+1

Thanks Richard, I was just about to say that this request was somewhat similar to the earlier requests you mention, but I like his idea of having preset settings for last minute "Go To" Input additions.
(such as a 'preset' MultiView Input or 'Virtual Set' preconfigured with XAML template and proper cropped Inputs)

Ice
321actionvideo  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 4:42:17 PM(UTC)
321actionvideo

yes they are all very similar. My problem that I need it is I use a Blackmajic shuttle and most times I use it in the HDMI mode, and when I turn off camera it causes it to crash. So I close it out, and have to add it back when I am ready to use again. But have to redo all the position settings, and such. So on the add input, such as the cameras, I would like to see load a preset with all the settings you set. Also same for other inputs as well.
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 6:41:40 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
321actionvideo wrote:
yes they are all very similar. My problem that I need it is I use a Blackmajic shuttle and most times I use it in the HDMI mode, and when I turn off camera it causes it to crash. So I close it out, and have to add it back when I am ready to use again. But have to redo all the position settings, and such. So on the add input, such as the cameras, I would like to see load a preset with all the settings you set. Also same for other inputs as well.

I think that one workaround is to create a Preset with the Input set the way you like it. Then save that Preset. It could then be appended to your running Preset by clicking "Open" and then click "Append" in the Open Preset window.
321actionvideo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:32:51 PM(UTC)
321actionvideo

I think that one workaround is to create a Preset with the Input set the way you like it. Then save that Preset. It could then be appended to your running Preset by clicking "Open" and then click "Append" in the Open Preset window.

The problem with that is you can not switch while Live Streaming, so I have to stop stream, load, and start back up and will not be a continuous stream. So yes it works, and right now that is all I have been able to do now. I noticed in the 18 beta there is a recent tab to load xaml, and recent for videos has been there before, I am just asking for the same for cameras. Also would like to see them keep all the settings I do to adapt them to the project such as position, color, etc as that would help quite a bit.
mashynewie2  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:43:53 PM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
If an input crashes can't you just right-click on the input and select "RESET" ?