logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whimsmedia  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:38:52 AM(UTC)
whimsmedia

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

We have the vMix tally light set and I must say we're quite pleased with the way they work, especially after the v8 update.

This is a feature request from one of our camera operators which, in my opinion, does make a lot of sense. The camera operator would like to see the lights on his side too so they know when they can zoom and reframe more aggressively and when they should stay put. This would mean the person in front of the camera and the operator would be able to see which camera is active at the same time.

We can probably modify the tally lights we have ourselves, simply adding another set of LEDs at the back, but I thought this may be something others would be interested in as well.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone finds this to be a particularly stupid idea for reasons that may escape me. It would be good to know what those reasons are, if any.

Thanks,

Chris

WhimsMedia.com
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:51:14 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Agreed, perhaps placing the tally light on the top of the unit as a dome light of some sort is a solution, allowing the light to be seen from any angle. In my situation, sports and event streaming, it's more important for the camera operator to see the lights and thus my set up would have the lights facing the oporator, but I see the benefits of having a more generally visible tally light system.

Greg
macjaeger  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:06:08 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I fully agree: i can find a number of situations, where both sides would benefit from the tally lights, but can't think of any where this might be inconvenient. And even if, it's easier to tape off a led than installing one.

In my usage scenarios the tally lights would make the camera-"men" happy (actually they are mostly boys and girls), while our talents in front of the cameras won't miss them.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:32:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
Hi,

The tally lights were designed with high brightness LEDs so you can mount it vertically (with the lights on the top) so they can be
visible to both the operator and the talent.

Regards,

Martin
vMix