logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ssantanuu  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:17:50 AM(UTC)
ssantanuu

Groups: Registered

pls suggest me a 4 input single capture card with a great picture quality with composite inputs thats supports vMix.
my budget is 20000 INR(Indian National Rupees)(Appx $365).

Santanu
vMix Trial User
macjaeger  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:18:06 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
$400 is a tight budget, if you are looking for a HD solution (don't know about SD cards). I was looking at some unexpensive HDMI capture cards and found AverMedia (AverTV) HDMI-capture cards starting at € 89 (single input); yet all dual (or even quadruple) inputs cards are much more expensive, so if you have enough pci-e x1 slots, you might be better off with 3 or 4 singular cards. At least that's the way I'm going right now, although I was able to get a couple of BlackMagic intensity cards cheap...
macjaeger  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 8:09:35 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

I've been testing a couple of different AVerMedia cards today, and was quite pleased with the results.

Even the cheapest one (AVerTV Capture HD, which i bought online second hand under 35€, new ones go for under 80€) delivered visually the same images a our BlackMagic intensity pro cards, at the same amount of latency. At first i had some problems, until i realised that i have to choose "secondary" interface for full HD resolutions, while the "primary" interface only supports SD resolutions (of the same input sources including HDMI at FullHD). You can even connect a second source to this card (it has to be SD though), e.g. a composite cam for picture in picture overlays. This is somewhat cool, as you could get 8 inputs (4 HD plus 4 SD) very cheap with four of these cards.

The other card was the AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD. This one has one HDMI and one VGA input (you can only use one at a time), and works just as well, for about 100€ (new). I even mixed the two of them with two BM intensity cards - still hassle free, rock solid system.
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
ssantanuu on 3/4/2013(UTC)
ask  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:53:08 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have a look at the new capture Card - Avermedia DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK Duo, around $599.00 AUD. I have 2 in my PC giving me 8 inputs. Read my intial review here.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
ssantanuu on 3/4/2013(UTC)
macjaeger  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:21:48 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

The DarkCrystal SDK cards are really good - but i wouldn't consider it a "budget" card, one of these beauties is more then three times the price of two AVerTV Capture HD cards, that have the same number of inputs (but eat more pci-e slots, of course). And the AVerTV HD cards have been around for a while now, making them available even cheaper second hand or at off sales.

As far as i know the AVerTV HD cards can only capture 1080i, not 1080p - that might be a shortcomming for some users; it is not for us, our sources are "only" 1080i anyway.
Damn2Good4U  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:52:56 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
ask wrote:
Have a look at the new capture Card - Avermedia DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK Duo, around $599.00 AUD. I have 2 in my PC giving me 8 inputs. Read my intial review here.

The report above was for VB and not vMix..., Do the Avermedia worked on both SW?
ask  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:01:11 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Damn2Good4U wrote:
ask wrote:

The report above was for VB and not vMix..., Do the Avermedia worked on both SW?

It was actually for both. I have editied to make that clearer.. Yes the card works great with vMix.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
Damn2Good4U on 3/12/2013(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:23:20 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi,

I came across these cards and i am wondering if anyone have used them or using them at the moment with vMix for SD.. moreso, could Martin please let us know if any of these cards are compatible with vMix

1. ImpactVCB model 00166

2. ImpactVCB PCIe Express model 01381

3. ImpactVCB model 00188

4. ImpactVCB model 00558

They can be found here http://www.hauppauge.com...cb.asp?product=impactvcb

Thanks

Rottimmy
Charssay  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:32:56 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Damn2Good4U wrote:
Hi,

I came across these cards and i am wondering if anyone have used them or using them at the moment with vMix for SD.. moreso, could Martin please let us know if any of these cards are compatible with vMix

1. ImpactVCB model 00166

2. ImpactVCB PCIe Express model 01381

3. ImpactVCB model 00188

4. ImpactVCB model 00558

They can be found here http://www.hauppauge.com...cb.asp?product=impactvcb

Thanks

Rottimmy

Vmix will use only one imput of this card

I do not advise you to buy it

C.
Charssay  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:50:21 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
ssantanuu wrote:
pls suggest me a 4 input single capture card with a great picture quality with composite inputs thats supports vMix.
my budget is 20000 INR(Indian National Rupees)(Appx $365).

Santanu
vMix Trial User

Hello Santanu

When I started to use VMIX, I was using firstly, some usb grabber card, after I use some avermedia tv card with svideo input, the image was acceptable.
After some month I found the AverTV Capture HD because all these blackmagic was too expensive for nothing for me
This one cost me 80 euro, around 100 dollar, and I buy two of it.
So I build a new computer with 4 pci express slot and setup these card in it

I was amazing the first before to buy the three other that the quality was amazing in analogique, because we do not use numerique capture from hdmi
On the new computer, we do have 8 input, 4 canal and 4 hd through out hdmi input

next for me, is buy 2 other waiting for our 2 first hd camera

you can so conclude that for 400 dollar you can have someting really good

C.
thanks 1 user thanked Charssay for this useful post.
ssantanuu on 3/18/2013(UTC)
ask  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2013 11:55:52 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Hi all. I continue to be impressed with the Avermedia Dark Crystal Duo (c129) cards. They are performing really well in the live environment. Unfortunately I have had to return my loan/test card so I am just running the two C129s in my production Dell XPS.

I attended an Avermedia seminar last night and in the accompanying paperwork it appears that they are going to release a 4 port SDI card. Dark Crystal HD-SDI quad (c997) with embeded audio. I don't know much more about this card at the moment and I don't have any SDI cameras to test them but it may be a good alternative for those who do.