logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
puruzio  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:44:11 PM(UTC)
puruzio

Groups: Registered

Hi

I'm wondering if I can use vMix to encode the video output from BlackMagic ATEM 1M/E.
I understand ATEM is not listed in the supported hardware list, but when I add video capture input, vMix lists "DeckLink Video Capture" as a source, even though it then gives me an error message "Unspecified error.. AddNewInput".

Can someone confirm whether ATEM is indeed not supported by vMix?

Thanks in advance.

Jason
fordry  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 6:34:01 AM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The ATEM isn't an input interface for the computer. Its a video mixer that outputs hdmi and sdi signals. If you have a hdmi capture or sdi input card, you can input the signal from the ATEM.
thanks 1 user thanked fordry for this useful post.
puruzio on 3/2/2013(UTC)
puruzio  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 11:36:41 AM(UTC)
puruzio

ATEM does have a USB 3.0 interface into the computer which sends the video signal. Software programs such as LiveStream recognizes it and streams the live video coming from ATEM just fine.

Anyway, we ended up buying an BlackMagic H.264 Pro Recorder to encrypt the signal and save it on the computer.

I'll try and see if vMix recognizes the input through H.264 Pro.

Thanks.

Jason
fordry  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 5:39:14 PM(UTC)
fordry

ahh yes, you are right, forgot about that. I think somewhere martin said he was working on getting that operational, don't remember if it actually is.
Psing  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 2:58:17 PM(UTC)
Psing

Man

Hi there. Anyone know if this will work? If vmix recognizes atem 1 m/e usb 3.0 outputa
? Many thanks.
Len56  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:28:23 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
vMix does not recognise any of the ATEM switchers, I have to come out of my ATEM TVS from the programme output in to my Intensity Pro card input and vmix sees the intensity pro card.

It would be great if Martin could get vMix to see the ATEM switches via USB capture drivers.
Psing  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 7:38:49 AM(UTC)
Psing

Man

I've tested yesterday with atem 1 m/e and I confirm it works. Atem 1 m/e is recognized by vmix as a camera source just connecting usb 3.0 cable. No capture card was used. Maybe Atem TVS don't work because of the usb 2.0 h264 compression/encoding. By the way, my livestream studio softwarr also recognized atem 1 m/e as video input with the usb 3.0. (But we can only use one software at time to use the blackmagic atem 3.0 output.
Len56  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 12:40:10 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Psing,

After what you said that your 1ME works with vMix I just tested my ATEM TVS and it does not work on its own, it has to be plugged into the Intensity Pro card.

What I did was to unplug the HDMI cable from the programme out of my TVS that goes into the Intensity Pro card, I started up vMix, I added a input in vMix, I went to the camera dropdown tab and the devices shown are (Blackmagic WDM Capture), (Decklink Video Capture), (Intensity Pro 1), (Sample Input), (vMix Video) and vMix Video External 2). For vMix to see my TVS via the Intensity Pro card I can use Blackmagic WDM Capture, Decklink Video Capture or Intensity Pro 1 drivers.

vMix sees the Intensity Pro card but not my ATEM TVS but when I open Blackmagic Media Express it sees both TVS and Intensity Pro card. So it could be something to do with the TVS being USB2 h264 compression/encoding and not USB3.

Maybe Martin could answer this one for us.
fordry  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:54:12 AM(UTC)
fordry

I don't know for sure, but if the TVS is doing a H.264 conversion on the fly, the latency will probably be not too great if that is an issue for you. I suppose most using it wouldn't have a problem with it but it is something to keep in mind.
Beloved  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:42:59 AM(UTC)
Beloved

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
vMix does not recognise any of the ATEM switchers, I have to come out of my ATEM TVS from the programme output in to my Intensity Pro card input and vmix sees the intensity pro card.

It would be great if Martin could get vMix to see the ATEM switches via USB capture drivers.

I agree if Martin could figure out how to access the BM TVS ports individually it would allow my studio setup to work as I had first dreamed. I still use my Studio but have to switch from two devices and limits the power of vMix considerably. Hell I'd pay extra for a vmix interface program to do this, as I'm sure there are countless others who would also after finding vMix after buying a BM TV Studio!

Beloved
fordry  
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:31:45 AM(UTC)
fordry

Quote:
I agree if Martin could figure out how to access the BM TVS ports individually it would allow my studio setup to work as I had first dreamed. I still use my Studio but have to switch from two devices and limits the power of vMix considerably. Hell I'd pay extra for a vmix interface program to do this, as I'm sure there are countless others who would also after finding vMix after buying a BM TV Studio!

I think you potentially could get some semblance of that with Justmacros, not sure how it would work as I haven't tried, but it might be possible. Might be possible if you asked them that they could create a connector to run vmix as well.