logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohanSpijker  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 6:02:31 PM(UTC)
JohanSpijker

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,
I just find out the Vmix is perfect to play videofiles, PowerPoint, images, audio in a church.
There is also an camera in the church that is used for record and stream to the internet.
I want to use also Vmix to record that camera, but I don't want to see that camera on the projector screen !
I want that camera on the recorder and streamer, and switch sometimes to the picture that is at the output of Vmix (projector)
I have now worked it out with a shortcut swithing the setoutputfullscreen2 between a NDI ( captured from the desktop2 screen)and the cam input, but I hope there is an easier way ?

jhill0224  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 5:45:31 PM(UTC)
jhill0224

Question... are you talking about your main projection computer?
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 7:46:13 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
What you want is not easy but I think you can do something like this :

- use program to record and stream with sound. send to program your camera and the other sources you wish when needed. only use direct cuts, do not preview them.

- configure your fullscreen on preview and send it to the HDMI/DVI/VGA output of your PC to feed your projector. (connect your projector first and click on fullscreen)
switch your powerpoint, videos and images in the preview window only > they are sent to the projector.

I think this should be ok for the "visual" part. For the audio, depending on your needs, I think it's not ok...

You must understand that audio is only available in PROGRAM, which is also what is meant to streamed and recorded.

Your request is quite opposite to what vMix is done for... The solution I gave you might work only if no audio is to be sent from vMix to the church. If you need 2 different audio sources at the same time (1 for streaming + 1 for the church), then it's impossible using this method.

I have another idea using the external virtual output and external encoder/recorder. Give us more details on your needs (especially audio) and also indicate your PC's power and if you're familiar with commandline/batches using FFMPEG.
kdvberg  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:24:36 PM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We do what you are talking about but we use two computers. One is a Mac that does the slides/images to the projectors, the other is a custom PC dedicated to vMix.

The vMix computer has a capture card for the cameras as well as the slides (HDMI splitter from mac to projector and vMix computer). This computer records the services and now live streams to Facebook.

We have found this to work extremely well.

There is one more layer that allows us to put the vMix output on the screens if we want. We added an HDMI matrix right before the projectors. This way we can easily pick which computer feeds the screens.

The diagram for our setup is almost exactly like the one on the vMix website under Solutions/Churches. The direct link to the image is:

http://www.vmix.com/images/solutions/churches/covenant-church-set-up.png

Hope this helps.