logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tylox  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 1:25:17 AM(UTC)
tylox

Groups: Registered

Hey all, I'm hoping you guys can help. We recently switched to a HD projector at our church. When we were running 4:3, NDI via vmix capture was working decently enough. However, since we've switched to 16:9, NDI through Vmix capture only shows half the screen.

UserPostedImage

What's odd about this, is that it works with the NDI module out of Propresenter (which I had to lay down $100 bucks for). The issue with it, though, is that it's SUPER laggy. It will often quit responding for no reason. It's on a closed network, so it's not like network traffic is an issue.

UserPostedImage

Any ideas? I'm jumped onto Vmix 18 preview to see if that would fix the issue. It didn't. There's nothing on the Propresenter side that I've changed, beside the size of the slide.
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 2:20:03 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
So you are running vMix Desktop Capture on the Propresenter PC and vMix Basic HD on the Production PC, right? When you add an Input on the Production PC, you are adding an NDI/Desktop input and then selecting which input from the Propresenter PC? Does the full screen of what you wish to display show in the NDI/Desktop input screen? What version number of vMix Desktop Capture are you using?

- Tom
tylox  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:57:00 AM(UTC)
tylox

sinc747 wrote:
So you are running vMix Desktop Capture on the Propresenter PC and vMix Basic HD on the Production PC, right? When you add an Input on the Production PC, you are adding an NDI/Desktop input and then selecting which input from the Propresenter PC? Does the full screen of what you wish to display show in the NDI/Desktop input screen? What version number of vMix Desktop Capture are you using?

- Tom

Thanks for the reply - I should have given a little more info. In short, yes, to what you're asking above.

Propresenter PC is running vMix desktop capture. It's the latest version from the website.

Production PC is running vMix Basic HD.

Add a new input > NDI/Desktop input. Even in the preview mode it shows up with 1/2 the screen. I'm trying to capture desktop 2 on the Propresenter PC (Projection output).
What makes this even stranger, is that if I try to capture Desktop 1 on the PP PC, It works fine. Full screen, and no lag.

I'll add a reply when I get back to my church with a screenshot of the input options.

-Tyler
sinc747  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 1:03:28 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

@Tyler - while you're checking things, you might try reverting to vMix version 17. You can downgrade but simply installing v17 over v18. Remember that v18 is a beta and not a final release product.

- Tom
kane  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 2:36:14 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Just to verify, you are running on a Gigabit network? And you have verified that network interfaces do show up running on 1Gbit speed?

If you use NDI Monitor does the feed from ProPresenter appear correctly on the other system?

Kane Peterson
NewTek
SHMD  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 4:52:17 PM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Speaking from experience... If you have a gigabit network, watch out for those CAT5 cables that get mixed in.

I ended up going through all my CAT5, CAT5e and CAT6 patch cables and tossed out all the old CAT5 and marker the CAT5e - LOL

-sheldon
SHM+D
thanks 1 user thanked SHMD for this useful post.
sinc747 on 11/5/2016(UTC)
admin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:23:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4137 time(s) in 1488 post(s)
If a part of the screen is not being captured correctly, it may indicate a problem with GPU acceleration to capture the screen.
To disable this, go into Settings in vMix Desktop Capture and untick the GPU acceleration option.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
tylox  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:11:35 PM(UTC)
tylox

admin wrote:
If a part of the screen is not being captured correctly, it may indicate a problem with GPU acceleration to capture the screen.
To disable this, go into Settings in vMix Desktop Capture and untick the GPU acceleration option.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin,

I did try that. For some reason though, whenever I unchecked it, it would re-check itself. I did try reinstalling and it didn't make a difference.

I'll try doing an unistall/reinstall of everything one more time.
tylox  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:13:54 PM(UTC)
tylox

sinc747 wrote:
@Tyler - while you're checking things, you might try reverting to vMix version 17. You can downgrade but simply installing v17 over v18. Remember that v18 is a beta and not a final release product.

- Tom

Tom,

Yeah, I was running v17 until I installed v18 a couple nights ago to see if that would fix the issue. I'll install it again after tomorrow.
tylox  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:17:14 PM(UTC)
tylox

kane wrote:
Just to verify, you are running on a Gigabit network? And you have verified that network interfaces do show up running on 1Gbit speed?

If you use NDI Monitor does the feed from ProPresenter appear correctly on the other system?

Kane Peterson
NewTek

I'll have to check. I know we are running comcast business class, but I don't think we are running Gb. I'll do some checking tomorrow.
mkeding  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:20:35 PM(UTC)
mkeding

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
From your post, it sounds like you are running the NDI plug-in module, not the Desktop NDI.

If so, you may have done this already but have you selected 16:9 in ProPresenter.

Preferences/HD-SDI/Mode (Mac)
1080i 59.94 for example.

Not sure if this is your issue.

mkeding attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 5.14.23 PM.png (70kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
tylox  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 3:46:52 PM(UTC)
tylox

No, the NDI module in ProP is working correctly, that isn't the issue. I am having multiple problems with this solution though, as I'm not running SDI out of ProP, it doesn't play sound from the projection computer now. That's not a Vmix issue though.

The strange thing about this, is that VMIX Capture captures Desktop 1 perfectly fine. I'll be there later today, and post another screenshot.
tylox  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 9:50:31 PM(UTC)
tylox

Alright, I figured it out. It was the GPU scaling. GPU scaling wouldn't turn off (for some reason) on the vMix capture. So, I enabled scaling within the AMD driver application for the 2nd output (the projector) and it's working fine.

sinc747  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 1:38:41 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Success!

- Tom