logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Midith316  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:06:55 PM(UTC)
Midith316

Groups: Registered

Good evening. I use Vmix as a production tool for a wrestling promotion im apart of. My request/question is a little weird, but im hoping vmix has a solution. I have vmix sending the output (right screen) to a projector where i play videos from (sometimes static images as well). I know i can play audio from the input sections at the bottom, or from the preview section on the left, however i cant find the best way to fade one audio clip into the next without having to first pause the one playing and start the next one. Does vmix have this capability at all?

Also, when i left click to move items from the input section at the bottom to the preview section, it un-selects the "audio" tab on the inputs. Is there a way to keep that on at all times even when moving the item to the preview window?
ask  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:05:08 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Midith316 wrote:
Also, when i left click to move items from the input section at the bottom to the preview section, it un-selects the "audio" tab on the inputs. Is there a way to keep that on at all times even when moving the item to the preview window?

On the General Tab of the Settings window untick Automatically mix Audio....

Play with all of the settings there. You may find an option that will work for you.
Midith316  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:03:44 AM(UTC)
Midith316

Thanks Ask! That fixed part 2, still need to find a suitable solution for the 1st part. Is there a way to change the transitions on the input selections at the bottom? Instead of having Cut or Quickplay, can we change one to a merge maybe?
Bandit62  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:36:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Maybe it should be done on a seperate hardware mixer, and then sent to vMix, or do what I do sometimes when I am using vMix only for everything......I would open the 'cog' on the inputs, and would turn on (tick) "Automatically mix audio"....and that is how mine works...when I select an input, the audio automatically turns on, when I select another, that turns on, and the other turns off....I did that just before I posted to make sure I was telling you exactly what I did.

hope it works for you...
Midith316  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:16:57 PM(UTC)
Midith316

Ive tried that Bandit, but it just cuts from one to the other and sounds horrible. Id rather have it fade out/in like merge does.
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:11:21 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Midith316

I would look at using "Triggers" to fade the audio in or out of a particular Input if you don't have a hardware mixer or MIDI device with faders.
It can be somewhat tedious to set up as you have to do it incrementally (multiple Triggers) and depending on your Inputs and workflow could get complex, but it will work.
(Also, the Double Arrow icon in the Audio Mixer is for "Audio follows Input", that is, ON when Live and OFF when not, and needs to be de-activated for Audio to work independently during switching)

Ice
Midith316  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:35:14 PM(UTC)
Midith316

Does anyone know of a good software mixer that works well with Vmix? Maybe i can have the mixer be an input in vmix and play all audio through the mixer through vmix?
IceStream  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:54:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Midith316

The vMix Audio mixer is a pretty good software mixer to do basic mixing, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with another software mixer that you can't already do with vMix?
The tasks you list above are fairly easily managed within vMix if you know what you are doing and how to navigate many of its features.
Many of the above suggestion will work well for what you describe, many are willing to help you if much of what is described is confusing for you, you just have to be specific with exactly what you want.

Ice
Midith316  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 8:05:00 AM(UTC)
Midith316

Mainly i would like to keep a running loop on the output of a video or image that displays on a large screen (done), and be able to merge or fade audio from the other inputs. I can see that i can cut from one input to another from the inputs below but that doesnt fade the audio out and in like merge does.
IceStream  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 12:48:14 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Midith316

If you are happy with the audio transition with Merge or Fade, have you tried using the "MultiView" feature of each Audio Input and add a fullscreen overlay of your "running loop".
If set-up properly, the loop will run continuously as you switch (merge or fade) between Audio Inputs.

Ice
Midith316  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 2:30:42 PM(UTC)
Midith316

I have not played with multiview at all. I will research that and see if it will work, thanks!