logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhill0224  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:51:39 AM(UTC)
jhill0224

Groups: Registered

Hello, we just started using VMix for the 1st time this past weekend. Our original goal was to begin using it a few weeks ago... but running the cables for our HDMI extenders ended up taking more time than expected, other delays, etc.

I'm mainly looking for advice or best recommendations for our set up. In the past we have had just one camera running into a Teradek. We utilized YouTube as our streaming platform. We will continue using Youtube... but I was hoping that the functionality of VMix would make it easier for me setting up each service.

Presently we go into youtube, set up the service name, encoding, thumbnail, etc. Then copy the embed code to our website page for streaming. My hope was that there was a way in VMix to name the service and have it immediately begin streaming without the need for all the other steps we previously took. I've looked but cannot seem to find a way to do this.

Also, IF this is a feature that does work... any suggestion on how to set up our livestream on our web page so we aren't having to go back and recode it every time?

Thanks for helping out a novice!
jhill0224  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:54:16 AM(UTC)
jhill0224

Also... just starting to play with triggers.. but we would like to somehow create a trigger that immediately begins the recording at service start time via our intro bumper video and then transition to our main camera. I've already figured the 2nd part out... but does anyone have suggestions on the 1st?
kjones9999  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 6:07:29 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
What you are wanting to do is use the Stream Now feature, not the live event feature. Stream now keeps the same address and immediately starts streaming when you start streaming on youtube.
thanks 1 user thanked kjones9999 for this useful post.
jhill0224 on 11/6/2016(UTC)
jhill0224  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 5:47:54 PM(UTC)
jhill0224

kjones9999 wrote:
What you are wanting to do is use the Stream Now feature, not the live event feature. Stream now keeps the same address and immediately starts streaming when you start streaming on youtube.

Started doing this - now coupled with Facebook live.... works like I want to the "ease" of instantly starting without a bunch of steps. The down side is YouTube Stream Now does not have the same functionality of Facebook Live yet, which allows you to go ahead and title the Video so it archives as such.

Right now we live broadcast, and then I have to go back in after sometimes an hour or two when the file generates, and rename it. Hoping that's fixed as Steam Now advances.