logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
r5dad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:00:22 PM(UTC)
r5dad

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I stream to a service that allows a network buffer (latency) of as little as a half a second, however, the current version of vMix does not allow us to set it below 5.

While 5 seconds isn't really that bad, our stream offers interaction where viewers are also players that control certain aspects of the game we are streaming. With that in mind, 5 seconds could be life or death to a player.

The service we stream to is Beam, which offers a service called Faster Than Light, or FTL.

As a second feature request, I'd love to see Beam.pro in the list of destinations. While it works with custom RTMP, having it with the various ingest points in a list would be perfect.

Thanks for an awesome program!!!
r5dad  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:03:14 PM(UTC)
r5dad

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am still requesting this feature. Having even 5 second delay on my streaming platform is unacceptable.

Mixer.com (used to be called Beam) is capable of sub 1 second latency, but vMix only goes down to 5 seconds.

Is there any way vMix can reach out to Mixer to provide as low latency as possible? Can the delay drop down be modified to include down to 0?

Thanks
R5Dad
KJ4AWR  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:42:58 AM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This would be a great feature to add the ability to do. Bringing the delay down to 0 and transmitting to Mixer would be excellent on their FTL stream capabilities.
For now I have 2 users trying to do this and they have to use other video software to be able to do this, though they want to use vMix.