logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#101 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 2:11:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Giles,

You're right, the other tables are not updating correctly.
I initially thought only one table could be used at a time, but I forgot multi table control was added, will get this fixed.
Cpilcher  
#102 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 2:27:49 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
ADMIN, Thanks for the reply. I must still be doing something wrong, because I am unable to get the Button LED to light either by default or based on the state of my input. I can get the XKeys to light up when my audio input goes live, so I know that I have the correct settings chosen... but for the life of me I cant get the Korg NANO to respond.

Are there settings for the Korg NANO that I need to reset or change on that end?

Chuck
Teye  
#103 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 9:26:53 PM(UTC)
Teye

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Rinsky wrote:
I just started to play around with data sources a little bit and wanted to rearrange/reorder my columns (dates, scores, a lotta numbers), but when ordering them it counts "1, 11, 12, 2, 20, 3" instead of "1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 20". Is there a way to change that and to make data sources recognize dates as dates and not just numbers?

What this means is the sorting routine is looking at those as characters and not numbers....the default should probably be to look at them as numbers if they are in a sortable field....this is a classic problem ....
admin  
#104 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 1:36:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Teye wrote:
Rinsky wrote:
I just started to play around with data sources a little bit and wanted to rearrange/reorder my columns (dates, scores, a lotta numbers), but when ordering them it counts "1, 11, 12, 2, 20, 3" instead of "1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 20". Is there a way to change that and to make data sources recognize dates as dates and not just numbers?

What this means is the sorting routine is looking at those as characters and not numbers....the default should probably be to look at them as numbers if they are in a sortable field....this is a classic problem ....

Not sure what you guys mean by this, vMix just accepts the data in the order it was in the spreadsheet, it doesn't modify the data at all.
Though the latest preview will keep the custom number formatting in cells, whereas before it was just displayed as plain text.
Speegs  
#105 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:18:24 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I've had a look through data sources and the xpath function is great for grabbing data and even filtering it and cycling through effectively a slide with the autonext and loop options.

Is there a way to get a ticker to display say 5 of the results and then scroll through the next 5 and so on?

{0} is the place holder for the column.

Say your results were:

Item

I imagine something like this you put into the ticker data field:

Item - {Item}

It would product something like this:

Item - 1 Item - 2 Item - 3 Item - 4 Item - 5 etc..

Hope I've explained it correctly. Basically I want the ticker to select a column and run through a list of rows from XML data source.
sinc747  
#106 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:41:33 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
18.0.0.54... Wow!

Preset with 60 inputs loads in 1-2 seconds. Before (.53 and older) it was 60-90 seconds.

What else is under the hood? :)

- Tom
ask  
#107 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:43:26 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Audio Output settings. In 18.0.0.54 I can't find the NDI Audio output. Am trying to test the Skype integration as per the knowledge article. Is this as per design? If so, what output do we now use.

Is NDI now ENABLE?

Andrew
Teye  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:51:06 PM(UTC)
Teye

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
admin wrote:
Teye wrote:
Rinsky wrote:

Not sure what you guys mean by this, vMix just accepts the data in the order it was in the spreadsheet, it doesn't modify the data at all.
Though the latest preview will keep the custom number formatting in cells, whereas before it was just displayed as plain text.

Hi Martin,
I think I mis-understood the original statement a little....so nothing to do with vmix...the op just needs to enter his dates as numbers and not characters that look like numbers in his spreadsheet and he will get the sort he's looking for...sorry
admin  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:39:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

ask wrote:
Audio Output settings. In 18.0.0.54 I can't find the NDI Audio output. Am trying to test the Skype integration as per the knowledge article. Is this as per design? If so, what output do we now use.

Is NDI now ENABLE?

Andrew

Yes, it is now Enabled as per the updated NDI documentation:
http://www.vmix.com/help...orkDeviceInterface1.html
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ask on 11/23/2016(UTC)
mburel1980  
#110 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:20:38 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
StepBackInTime_TV wrote:
Vmix 18.54, Data Sources

I have defined 2 shortcuts, with function: DataSourcePreviousRow and DataSourceNextRow, both with a value of 'Excel/CSV.Participants'. When I operate the shortcut, the data pointer doesn't seem to move - the title remains fixed with the data from record 1.

I have exactly the same issue..., what are we doing wrong?

Marc
linroot  
#111 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:00:49 PM(UTC)
linroot

Hi,

Is this version suiteble for production? Because we realy need in sport broadcast datasource, activators and etc. Or it is better wait for a final release?
corporatejames  
#112 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:39:38 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Been using it with no current issues discovered with v18.54 Datasources working well
I have my own XML/SQL Datasources before v18 for XAML but v18 makes life much easier and works great with
my current workflow.
admin  
#113 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:16:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

mburel1980 wrote:
StepBackInTime_TV wrote:
Vmix 18.54, Data Sources

I have defined 2 shortcuts, with function: DataSourcePreviousRow and DataSourceNextRow, both with a value of 'Excel/CSV.Participants'. When I operate the shortcut, the data pointer doesn't seem to move - the title remains fixed with the data from record 1.

I have exactly the same issue..., what are we doing wrong?

Marc

Between the data source name and table name there should be a comma not a period.
That said, there are some bug fixes related to this (in particular so you can use the custom name for data source instead of "Excel/CSV")
that will be in the final release I hope to have out soon.
richardgatarski  
#114 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 11:18:57 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I'm late to the game in testing Datasources out. Here are a couple of issues I found. I think both are important, as setting up a Title using Datasources quite easily turns out inte a complex operation. And I sense a need to be able to move/copy those Titles from one project to another.

First, as I understand it, the Datasources are saved in the Preset, not the Settings, file. A quick check shows that opening a Preset that is using a Datasource works fine. But if a Preset with a Title tied to a Datasource is Appended, the Datasource settings are not included. Seems odd to me...

Second, titles contain "Export" and "Import" buttons. Currently they do nothing if Datasources are used. If that's the intention, these buttons should perhaps be dimmed out. But as you might have guessed, I would rather see that export/import supported Datasources :)

Nevertheless, thanks for the ever evolving vMix!
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
BETech on 11/25/2016(UTC)
admin  
#115 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 2:57:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Richard,

On the first point of easy of use, as long as you make sure your data source column names exactly match the names
in the title, then vMix will auto match, making the process of assigning data quick and easy (leaving everything on Auto), so that is what I would recommend.

The append will only ever add inputs, it will not add any other settings as per the help file:
"Click Append to add the inputs in this Preset to the existing session.
Any settings included with the Preset will be ignored."

This meansy anything outside of "Input Settings".

The reasoning is data sources can be assigned to multiple titles, or some may not even be assigned at all, thus it is not practical
for append to add these data sources, and would lead to inconsistent behaviour, thus if you need data sources
you will need to load the entire preset.

Import/Export is to control the presets below the buttons only, it is not associated with data sources
and could still be used if some of the fields of the title are not associated with any data.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
jeregan  
#116 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 11:03:36 PM(UTC)
jeregan

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello. We started running 18.0.54 today and all seems good. however, activation is not working as expected on our Xkeys-tbar.

Setting up the default colour is fine. The respective xkeys light comes on with the right colour.

However, when we try and use the blink mode, instead the xkeys button LEDs just shut off. They come back on when the default occurs again.

Am I missing something? A setting perhaps?

Thanks
Jeff
admin  
#117 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 11:39:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Some X-Keys models do not support blinking LEDs unfortunately. I have been advised the T-Bar model is one of those.
StepBackInTime_TV  
#118 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 8:52:00 AM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
admin wrote:
Between the data source name and table name there should be a comma not a period.
That said, there are some bug fixes related to this (in particular so you can use the custom name for data source instead of "Excel/CSV")

Hi Martin,

I tried changing to comma, but still not working DataSourcePrevious/Next row. The data is not on the top level sheet, so I am referring to it: Excel/CSV,Participants - where participants is the name of the sheet.

Thanks
Giles
mburel1980  
#119 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:04:14 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
admin wrote:

Still not working for me either. It's the same with "DataSourceSelectRow".

Tried with custom names and with default (EXCEL/CSV,Sheet1) but yet it seems like the shortcut feature simply doesn't work (yet) with datasources...

Besides, I really like the improvements in vmix 18... :o)

Marc
StepBackInTime_TV  
#120 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 11:07:13 AM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin

I've noticed in a couple of places that vMix changes the black (and white) levels on particular inputs. Please see this picture ( https://dl.dropboxuserco...016-11-26%2014.45.02.png ).

I've noticed the web-browser input does this and so does replay.

On the web browser I can correct it with the colour settings - changing the black-stretch to around 16 seems to fix it. Similarly with the white-stretch level.

Unfortunately its not correctable on the replay ... not that it matters particularly.

Just an observation... still a fantastic product - thank you!

All the best,
G.