logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#81 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:57:08 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Regarding the improved List, which I really like! I am not sure why one of the items in the list are highlighted with orange. The currently selected item to be played seems to be highlighted with bold. A change of selected using right-click in the Preview, or Shortcut "NextItem", moves the bolded hightlight, but not the orange. Double clicking on an item in the Edit window shifts hightlight both bold and orange. Furthermore, the orange highlight sort of creates an orange checkbox (that otherwise is black).

newjoe1  
#82 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:03:46 PM(UTC)
newjoe1

hi,

im an owner of a Magewell Pro Capture HDMI card and looking for a capture software which enables the multiaudiocapture features of this card.
My tries with this card and last vmix 18 show in audio mixer for input only 2 channel and even for autput. In camera settings i have set the recording feature to all channels. What is wrong with my settings. The source was an 1080p video with 6 channel pcm.
Audio Recordings with the Multiaudiocapture Tool from Magewell from the same source show all 6 channel and even a record with this tool show in mpc-hc 6 channel.
Any advices for a newbie like me.

Ok i´ve found the solution, in recording settings for audio the MAB option is to choose and voila video with 6channel audio was captured.

Later, no its faulty. The captured avi seems to have 6 channels but after demux audacity shows 2 channels with audio and 4 channels with silence, what happens?

Only the Tool from Magewell captures 6channel Audio, or i have not found the wright settings in vmix 18.

Please Support investigate this.

Regards

Gerald
ZachSchuster  
#83 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 6:25:49 PM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I just did some really basic testing to see how easy the XML and CSV data sources work with CGStatLink and so far it's looking really promising. Having some issues getting the xPath right for XML (EDIT: Got it!), but need to look in to it more. CSV data is a breeze, including team logos!

When SuiteCG comes out (soooo close!) we won't have the Internal CG quite ready but this is going to make integration with our data a breeze for vMix users! Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked ZachSchuster for this useful post.
SHMD on 11/11/2016(UTC)
ask  
#84 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:25:59 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Datasouces CSV import requires the file to be in an .csv or .xls(x) file format. Often tools will produce csv files with other extensions, in the case I have just tested, .exp. Would it be possible to allow the user to specify the extension in the Data Sources Manager when selecting a csv file? Alternatively could the Text file option auto detect that the data is in csv format and so apply an appropriate filter?
admin  
#85 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:55:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Gerald,

As of vMix 18, you can add multiple channels of audio from a Magewell input (select "EmbeddedAllChannels" when adding the camera), however
these will all be downmixed to a stereo output that can then be sent to Master, A or B depending on what is enabled in the audio mixer.

You can configure this downmix from the "Channel Mixer" available in the Audio Settings for that particular camera input.

See bottom of this page for more details:

http://www.vmix.com/help18/AudioSettings.html

What this means is multi channel from a single input cant be mapped to more than 2 channels on the output side at this time
but feel free to submit it to the Feature Requests so others can comment and add their support.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
ZachSchuster  
#86 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 11:49:37 AM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Martin,

Other than saving a session, is there any way to export data source settings and titles with bindings to a file to distribute? I'd like to explore making some pre-built titles available to vMix users, but I'm not finding a straightforward way to bind the various title elements and then export it. I suppose that if I'm creating multiple pages, it would be easiest to just distribute a session file and let the user build in their other sources to that template.

More importantly, I have not tested what happens if I save a session, change the location of my data source, and then reopen the session. If the XML, CSV, or whatever the data source is, is no longer present and needs to be "refound" by file browsing, will the bindings be preserved? Or would all the fields need to be rebound? I might have some time this weekend to test, but can anyone else speak to this?

Also, when dealing with local files (not web-based), it would be helpful to have fields update via a filewatcher instead of a timed interval. If using my software or, say, ScoreOCR, in basketball when the clock gets below 1 minute, the clock will change in 1/10 of a second intervals. You could just change the update interval, I suppose. Has any testing been done on update intervals of less than 100ms?

Thanks!

Zach
admin  
#87 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 10:54:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Zach,

The title data source mappings should be preserved even if the file can't initially be found.
As soon as the column name is found again after the file is changed, the title will be updated automatically.

As for file updates, the windows file watcher can be unreliable which is why we opted
for fixed internal updates instead. Note that the minimum update time is 100ms which should be
more than enough for most sports applications.

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ZachSchuster on 11/13/2016(UTC)
macgiver76  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:32:14 PM(UTC)
macgiver76

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,
For activators, they are already complete so in this preview version will be added or other functions?
Thank!
admin  
#89 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 7:20:54 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 18 Released Candidate (18.0.0.54) Released

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix18preview.exe

This is a "Release Candidate" which means if no additional bug reports come in, this will
become the release version of vMix.
So if you think we might have missed your bug report, please try out this version and let us
know if it has not been fixed.

* Fixed bug when cloning activators would result in the default activators not being applied correctly
* Updated NDI with a couple of fixes and also updated the included vMix Desktop Capture
* Fixed problem with shuttle wheel on ShuttleProv2 jumping forward or backward suddenly
* Fixed button lights on X-Keys XKR-32 not working correctly with activators
* Fixed vMix Social not supporting new extended Tweets
* Added some more informative streaming error messages to help locate the problem.

thanks 9 users thanked admin for this useful post.
sinc747 on 11/18/2016(UTC), Amokka on 11/18/2016(UTC), corporatejames on 11/18/2016(UTC), stigaard on 11/18/2016(UTC), vijay6672 on 11/18/2016(UTC), doggy on 11/19/2016(UTC), Stavlin on 11/19/2016(UTC), hebermc on 11/19/2016(UTC), vadim_d on 11/20/2016(UTC)
Rinsky  
#90 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 10:13:18 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I just started to play around with data sources a little bit and wanted to rearrange/reorder my columns (dates, scores, a lotta numbers), but when ordering them it counts "1, 11, 12, 2, 20, 3" instead of "1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 20". Is there a way to change that and to make data sources recognize dates as dates and not just numbers?
Cpilcher  
#91 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:04:20 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Installed the Telease Candidiate to check it out.

1 A blank project seems to work fine. But my presets from v17 are giving me problems. Sometimes the 2 default blank inputs stay in place as the preset is loaded, but intro videos play and all my onscreen graphics are visible as if everything is still there but I can't see any of them.

2. Once in a while the preset will load completely but my Xkeys and Korg Nano are not detected.

I installed the release candidate on top of my latest vMix 17 install. Is there anything else I need to do? Seems like things should be pretty stable from the comments on this thread. Thanks

Chuck

Z170 6700k
GeForce 970

UPDATE: After a few restarts and some basic double checking all of my connections, things are working again. Setting up my XKeys 32 stick for activators so the operator will have visual feedback of what input is active. Looks like it is going to be an awesome update. I will add another update if the same problems from earlier happen again.

UPDATE 2: Stable so far. Got the XKeys to give feedback for which camera is active and in preview. Before I simply turned on the LEDs for the buttons that being used and left the unused buttons off. At a glance I can now tell which shot is live. Can't wait to show the Switch Operator the new addition.

Does anyone know the process to set-up the Korg Nano V2?
Cpilcher  
#92 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 10:23:39 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Sorry I was trying to get the LED to react with activators. I use the Korg as an audio mixing board (along with some other functions). For example I use "C1" blue to turn on my Commentary 1 Microphone, and "C1" red to turn it off. I would like to have the "S" button directly above "C1" to light up when the audio input is on.

I can get this to work on the XKeys with no problem (as a proof of concept, since my switch operator doesn't deal with audio) but there is no preset for Korg Nano listed for activators.

Chuck
Cpilcher attached the following image(s):
IMG_1259.JPG (2,443kb) downloaded 29 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#93 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:56:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

You can try just using the standard "Button LED" option which is designed to be used with most devices that have a simple on/off light.
Cpilcher  
#94 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 2:14:16 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I have tried that, along with all the others just to be sure. I made sure the device was activated in the options. When I try to program the activator everything looks good but I don't have any options for LED in the pull down menu, just default.

Chuck
Cpilcher attached the following image(s):
Screen1.jpg (218kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Screen2.jpg (212kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Screen3.jpg (208kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Cpilcher  
#95 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 1:42:52 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I have another weird anomaly... Selecting an Xkey button and setting it as Button LED, plays a tone into my audio. If I select the XKeys LED option it doesn't do it, but with all the options I've been changing it took me a minute to figure out where it was coming from.

Here is a sample:
Mathijs  
#96 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:38:47 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
It looks to me that your internal wavetable midi is activated by it. Maybe look that up and disable, or set it to another midi channel?
StepBackInTime_TV  
#97 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:40:45 AM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
BUG in 18.53 - Data Sources. When using a multi-layer spreadsheet, data does not update when the sheet is saved, unless something on the top layer is changed. The change is seen by the data manager, but titles do not update, unless you alter something on the top sheet.

All the best,
Giles.
StepBackInTime_TV  
#98 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:15:55 PM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Vmix 18.54, Data Sources

I have a 3 layer spreadsheet, I've named each layer Credits,Show,Presenter,Participants (Sheet 1-4).

In data sources manager, I can see all data. I have got the data from the various layers into appropriate titles, all good.

I have defined 2 shortcuts, with function: DataSourcePreviousRow and DataSourceNextRow, both with a value of 'Excel/CSV.Participants'. When I operate the shortcut, the data pointer doesn't seem to move - the title remains fixed with the data from record 1.

Am I using this incorrectly?

Many thanks,
G.
Amokka  
#99 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:21:31 PM(UTC)
Amokka

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
RTSP Audio issue

I just acquired an U8 Vision HDMI encoder.

It has been configured to encode 1080p25 into H.264 (High Profile) @ 4096Kbps.
Audio is 44.1Khz sample rate encoded into AAC @ 128kbps.
This configuration has been made in accordance with recommendations from other entries in this forum regarding similar issues.

At first, I tested using vMix 18.0.0.52, then upgraded to vMix 18.0.0.54 without any difference.

Video is quick and stable as a rock in both VLC and vMix, even with vMix in Low latency mode.
However, only VLC outputs audio too, while vMix is silent as a grave without showing any motion in the input VU meter.

VLC Codec info screenshot
Encoder config video screenshot
Encoder config audio screenshot
Encoder config advanced screenshot

In fact, any other video player I have tested, will output audio without a hint of problem. Only vMix seems to have a problem.

Also, I have tested with the encoder in TS muxer: "Compatible with VLC", as well as other bitrates, other samplerates, as well as MP3, AAC+ and AAC++ codecs.

Anyone have any suggestions?
admin  
#100 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 2:03:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Chuck,

Default is correct, you don't need any other options for simple lights on these controllers (they don't support different colours)
set to default for on.