logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sandy6699  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:52:47 PM(UTC)
sandy6699

Groups: Registered

hi Everyone,

I am new to Vmix and setting up Church services for live streaming.
However I need assistance as I am volunteering for more than 3 churches and cannot be at all places at the same time.

Currently I have cerevo liveshell streaming single camera to Ustream from 3 Churches.

I was thinking if I can install 2-3 IP cameras at each church. Have a primary camera in front of the stage to get audio too.
Use Vmix from my office and have these 3 computers side by side to stream online.
This way I can add multiple cameras and manage multiple locations in one go.

I need your help to let me know which cameras to buy that I can use to connect to Vmix over the Internet.

Thanks heaps in advance.
ask  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:04:37 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Sandy.

I am in Melbourne too. If you would like a chat re. your issues send me your contact details via a PM.

Andrew
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:33:30 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Around my home & office I make use of Grandstream IP cameras. We use a combination of the GXV3610 domes and GXV3672 bullets. These are not the cheapest but they are robust. They work great with vMix. They have a couple of features that I think can be useful.

They're SIP capable, so they integrate nicely with video conferencing or IP telephony system. This can be handy. I accept that many people may not see the value in it, but I come from an IP telephony background, so it's useful to me.

They have external audio inputs. You're better off feeding the house sound into the camera than hoping for the best from its 5 cent microphone.

I recently added a new camera. I tried an Amcrest, thinking I'd save some $. It was $85 where the Grandstream model was $125. The Amcrest camera worked, but it was a lot more difficult to deal with. Also, it wasn't built as well.

In the end I decided that it wasn't worth my time to struggle with integrating the camera. So I returned the Amcrest unit and ordered another Grandstream.