logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ocrtalk  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 5:44:26 AM(UTC)
ocrtalk

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
That is way too complicated and adds a lot of latency.
Download Larix Broadcaster App on Android or iOS and send an SRT stream directly into vMix. This is much more efficient and direct. You need to NAT/PAT the ports from your router to your vMix in order to get this running.

Thanks, Mavik! I am actually on that path already. I get concerned at times when I see the feed freeze on stutter. I take it, it's all dependent on cell signal, but it has performed better than going RTMP into NGINX.

Any settings you recommend to deal with freezing and stuttering? I know you can up the latency and turn down the bitrate (affecting quality). Is it worth setting a variable framerate or variable bitrate?
Jeffry_Ghost  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:27:35 PM(UTC)
Jeffry_Ghost

Czech Republic

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Couple years ago we used WoWza for it, it's not that cheap but it got app for Android and iOS and for 10 minute entrée was delay around 0,5-1,2 second
doggy  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:34:55 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ocrtalk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
That is way too complicated and adds a lot of latency.
Download Larix Broadcaster App on Android or iOS and send an SRT stream directly into vMix. This is much more efficient and direct. You need to NAT/PAT the ports from your router to your vMix in order to get this running.

Thanks, Mavik! I am actually on that path already. I get concerned at times when I see the feed freeze on stutter. I take it, it's all dependent on cell signal, but it has performed better than going RTMP into NGINX.

Any settings you recommend to deal with freezing and stuttering? I know you can up the latency and turn down the bitrate (affecting quality). Is it worth setting a variable framerate or variable bitrate?

Increase the latency setting (believe the rule of thumb was like 4 times the slowest ping or so ) Once had to go to 4 seconds , sat (receiver) was part of the chain but had descend bandwidth on phone