logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdvberg  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 8:45:06 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It is possible this feature exists or has been asked for but I can’t find it mentioned in the software or here on the forums.

What I would like to see is an ascending clock that gets reset every time an input becomes the live output. So if I am live on C1 (clock is running so I know how long I have been on that camera) and then I fade to C2 and the clock starts over.

Then in settings I would like to be able to set an alarm at X of that clock. Possibly even alarms at X and Y. The alarm could simply be to blink the clock or change an icon color, something visible but not distracting.

I would suggest layer changes be ignored by this clock, that it only reset when an input gets changed with a transition or cut.

This would help my team be consistent with our shots and not let a shot get stale. Going a step further it could also help our team develop policies for how long we stay on certain shots.

Thoughts?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:32:33 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ kdvberg

Although I don't completely understand your purpose, you may be able to set something up with an elaborate set of "Triggers" to accomplish this.
(it worked for me when I tested your scenario)

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
kdvberg on 10/6/2016(UTC)
Peter B  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:26:24 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Yes, you can do this now. Add a timer clock and reverse it then with each of your cameras add an on transition in / change countdown / 0 trigger. Make the countdown large so you can see it on the input window and display only the seconds. Each time you take a camera it will reset the up count. You could probably change the colour with a 5sec delay trigger as well. vMix triggers are very cool and somewhat unique.

It sounds like your operators need to drink more coffee. I once saw a director bring in a metronome so he could get into the tempo of the show.
thanks 1 user thanked Peter B for this useful post.
kdvberg on 10/6/2016(UTC)