logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Siroki  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:06:27 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Groups: Registered
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hi everyone,
Short story: We stream sport events, few TV stations saw our job and like it. Now they wanna hire us to work for them with adding their 2-4 more cameras and to get some equipment for us.

Now I have problems. First they gave me few BMD capture cards (Decklink 4k Pro, Decklink studio etc) but I can't get them work all together with my Intensity and MiniRecorder cards. The second problem and funny thing is that those cards have 2 inputs and outputs but only one can work at same time :)) great

So, for 4-6 cameras I need to have 4-6 capture cards or buy some others.

Now, on the meeting we were talking about ATEM tv studio with vMix. They will buy it and give it to me for working. I think it's the best solution for up to 6 cameras.

I am thinking something like this:

I have:
i5 4440 with 12 GB RAM and 256GB SSD
MiniRecorder and Intensity pro
2 cameras
vMix with prepared graphics for basketball and soccer

They give me:
ATEM
2 or 4 cameras
LiveU

I can setup everything on PC (or extra laptop for ATEM switcher software) with atem. From ATEM output go to my miniRecorder with SDI, and set my Intensity Pro for external output. SO I get camera controlled and mixed from ATEM directly to vMix one input (over my MiniRecorder).

In vMix I add my graphics over input and control them with vMix and UTC controler from @elgarf

When everything is ready I can go over external output thru Intensity pro in LiveU
or
stream with vMix on yt or on server from TV station directly so they can pick up and go live on their airbox playbox (or whatever)

1. What do you think about this setup?
2. Does anyone have similar setup or some with combination vMix-ATEM to share with me/us?
3. What could you suggest more?
4. How to make stream on server so I get rtmp and stream name and stream on that instead yt,dailymotion,livestream etc? How to set that up? So they can just take that source rtmp// and put it like input and go live on TV?

I think this combination is the most cheapest solution and very useful.

Thank You
Bast regards

Steffoslovakien  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 8:34:39 PM(UTC)
Steffoslovakien

Hi Siroki.
I was about to post a similiar question about ATEM with VMix. Maybe we can share this thread and discuss about these things.

I have the following idea of setup:

1. Use ATEM Television studio to do the switching between 4-5 cameras (ATEM is connected to a wireless router that feeds an IPad with the app Strata Lite installed. In that way I don´t have to use a laptop for the switching. IPad with Strata Lite do the work)

2. The master HDMI out of the ATEM is connected to a Magewell video capture card, connected to a laptop via USB 3 or Thunderbolt. This laptop runs VMix in which in I can add graphics + the important thing for me: Instant Replay function for producing sport events.

3. Then I connect HDMI out from the laptop (via the laptops own HDMI-out or via a external video card) to my Teradek VidiU streaming unit http://teradek.com/collections/vidiu-family for streaming my shows to the internet.

Now my questions are:

1. Is the whole setup doable?
2. Which specs is recomended for the laptop? (who will add graphics and take care of the Instant Replay job. The VidiU take care of the streaming)
3. Can I use a MacBook Pro with Boot Camp, Windows, as the computer with VMix installed?

Thank you for taking time reading this. I hope someone can answer my questions.

/Stefan (from Sweden)
Siroki  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 3:32:56 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I was thinking something similar. I would just insert Atem output to my capture card on PC and then I can stream with PC or go to External output.

In your case you need to go to Extarnal output or something like that to vidiU.

I tried few days ago this but I oztput it to liveU

I will get the Atem for couple of days to try it out and I let you know
Steffoslovakien  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 4:59:36 AM(UTC)
Steffoslovakien

Ok.
I have owned ATEM and VidiU for six months now, so I know those work really great (1+3 in the list in my previous post). So that it not a problem.

It is the laptop with VMix + Video capture card I´m gonna put in the chain. That is new for me.
Will it work?
Siroki  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:42:36 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Steffoslovakien wrote:
Ok.
I have owned ATEM and VidiU for six months now, so I know those work really great (1+3 in the list in my previous post). So that it not a problem.

It is the laptop with VMix + Video capture card I´m gonna put in the chain. That is new for me.
Will it work?

You should be able to capture output from Atem thru Magawell on laptop and insert it like one input in vMix(you mix cameras on atem software) add graphics etc but I am not shure what will you get with laptop hdmi out. In vMix you have option for external output, I tried and that works ok. I put live video mixed on second monitor via HDMI and picture is great. I input my video to BMD Mini Recorder and output it via HDMI on Intensity Pro card.

You need to check what will your laptop hdmi out give you but i think output thru extarnal video card maybe will get better results.

I have i5 4440 with 12GB ram and 256GB ssd and when I work with extarnal output my CPU usage is about 30%

Best regards
Marko

Steffoslovakien  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 1:05:00 PM(UTC)
Steffoslovakien

Marko.
You wrote " I input my video to BMD Mini Recorder and output it via HDMI on Intensity Pro card"

Maybe I can use the Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt for both HDMI In and HDMI Out?
https://www.blackmagicde...n.com/products/intensity

/Stefan
Siroki  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 6:35:01 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Steffoslovakien wrote:
Marko.
You wrote " I input my video to BMD Mini Recorder and output it via HDMI on Intensity Pro card"

Maybe I can use the Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt for both HDMI In and HDMI Out?
https://www.blackmagicde...n.com/products/intensity

/Stefan

Yes, I work on this way but one card can't do input and output. Only one of that, input or output. Be careful with that
And be careful with bmd intensity shuttle, it's complicated and it won't work ok with all motherboards etc etc

best regards
marko
AElli  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 10:31:46 AM(UTC)
AElli

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
what you want to do will work fine guys...

I used to use this idea but in reverse. Brought vmix into the Atem and green screened straps lwr thirds, titles, tickers, etc using the Atem (both a TVS & a 1ME) Then i did as you want to do here, brought the atems switched feed into vmix and added (graphics) using Vmix... Now i mainly use Vmix on its own, as its more than capable of running multi camera capture, plus everthing else i need to achieve.

A.
DVE  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:43:28 PM(UTC)
DVE

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm a big fan of vMix, but if you want to integrate an ATEM switcher into your production, mimoLive from Boinx Software is a sweet solution that's hard to pass up. It's mac only software. Basically, you bring your cameras into the ATEM, and the program out goes into a Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio Mini Recorder, which connects to your Macbook Pro via Thunderbolt. You may also want an HDMI monitor to view the multiview output of the ATEM.

When you install the ATEM Controller plug-in in mimoLive, it talks to the ATEM over the network. So you do all your switching in mimoLive, but it controls the ATEM and you see your program out in mimoLive, along with your graphic overlays and other video clips. Recording and streaming options are built in to mimoLive as well. If you need program out via SDI or HDMI, then you can use a BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini Monitor feeding out from your second Thunderbolt port to achieve that.

A fantastic solution for those with an ATEM and a Mac!
guztavo  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 10:08:02 AM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi to everyone!

I'm writing because I have to use same setup for an event.

Setup:

ATEM
3 cameras SONY HXR-MC1500
2 PC i7 (one for titles + streaming with dedicated bandwidth and second for recording + 4G connection for streaming backup), each one with BM Mini Recorder.

I have this question:
YouTube needs progressive input, wich setup do you use?

For this event, i rent ATEM so i never used it yet. I find in tech specs that works at 1080i50, same as the camera, same as the BM Mini Recorder. But not same as YouTube. How do you fix that? I always use vMix in 720p50 but it is the first time i work at 1080 ... thanks for your help.
Regards.
zenvideo  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 10:53:37 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
guztavo wrote:
For this event, i rent ATEM so i never used it yet. I find in tech specs that works at 1080i50, same as the camera, same as the BM Mini Recorder. But not same as YouTube. How do you fix that?

Assuming you're taking the interlaced output of the Atem into a PC via a capture card and through vMix on its way to being streamed to YouTube, then you can de-interlace to progressive format in the input settings of vMix. Or, if you use something like a Magewell capture device you can set the de-interlacing function to be performed by the capture hardware.
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
guztavo on 12/9/2016(UTC)
guztavo  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 12:14:46 PM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Zen!
Thanks for your answer.
As you said, i will take ATEM interlaced output, so should i set up vMix at 1080p25 to get best quality? To fit 50i to 25p?
What do you think?
Regards!
zenvideo  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 2:07:44 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
guztavo wrote:
As you said, i will take ATEM interlaced output, so should i set up vMix at 1080p25 to get best quality? To fit 50i to 25p?

Yes, that's right. And when you take your 50i into a vMix Camera input you should see the Deinterlacing setting as "Blend" and the Frame Rate as 25, as per the attached image.
zenvideo attached the following image(s):
DeIntBlend.PNG (3kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
guztavo on 12/9/2016(UTC)