logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DVE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:31:15 PM(UTC)
DVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've got a wireless Xbox controller connected to my vMix system. At least I think it's connected––it doesn't seem to have any effect. I've applied the Xbox controller shortcut preset in the vMix settings. Has anybody done this? Are there better options for a hardware IP controller?
DVE  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:49:35 AM(UTC)
DVE

Man

Ended up that I just had to restart vMix after 'binding' the wireless Xbox controller. I have to say it makes a very dandy PTZ controller!
DVE  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 1:17:36 PM(UTC)
DVE

Man

Now I'm trying to figure out if there is a slick way of switching the Xbox controller from one camera input to another. It would be easy enough to make a shortcut set for an additional camera input, but is there a way to quickly switch between shortcut configurations?

Controlling the Preview input works, but gets a bit trickier when you have a bunch of virtual inputs from multiple cameras.

I also want to be able to switch easily back and forth from manual to auto focus. Hopefully I can do that with a couple of other buttons on the Xbox controller!
LC_Johan  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 7:50:02 PM(UTC)
LC_Johan

Sweden

This is probably a long shot, but did you ever get this going. I'm currently working on a smaller and less complex setup, but would still like to be able to change what camera i control with the xbox controller.

The two options i've thougt of so far is:

Setting up my two cameras on separate "sides" of the controller. One camera on one joystick and one on the other. This would restrict what operations i could squeeze on to the controller.

The other option is maybe make a script that changes the shortcuts. I'm yet to look in to this fully. Will post if i have any luck with this.