logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:13:55 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
It would be nice to be able to use the sliders on my MIDI board to control the zoom of inputs. It could control the "Active" Input or it would be better to assign the sliders to specific inputs which in my case would be 2 Video Delay inputs. I would specifically use then when doing Instant Replays and I want to pause, zoom in and then continue play or replay. The slider would make zooming very easy.

It would also be nice to use the up/down and left/right arrows as a PAN/TILT type fuction. Meaning you could set the X change to something like .5 and then you could continue clicking the right arrow key to keep moving the input with a value of .1 until it is reached its maximum. I would obviously set the left arrow to be the apposite and in doing so you could easily use a slider to zoom in and the arrow keys to adjust the position of the input which is needed once it has been zoomed in.

Peter B  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:29:24 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I have set zoom, pan and tilt assigned to encoders on my Akai APC. Problem is it `pops'
to where the absolute control is set, you would need a figure out a workaround.
It would be useful if we had a relative midi input that would offset the current value.

You can set zoom to a fixed value. Another option is using the merge function with a
virtual input to zoom.
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:38:58 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Yeah, I would have to have it tied to a slider on my APC where the zoom wold be a smooth constant zoom like on a camera. Same would go for panning left/right and up/down. Jumping to the specific value that are available in the shortcuts do not do me anygood for playback purposes.