logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:58:19 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I have use both Instant Replay and Video Delay. Video Delay is very simple and easy to use especially in situations where I only have 2 cameras and I am running Vmix and one of the cameras.

I desperately need the action "Stop Video Delay Record" in the list of actions for shortcuts. When using this as my instant replay, I have to first click on the REC button to stop the recording. I then use my shortcut key to move it to Preview. I move the slider to the precise point to show on stream/jumbo tron, then move it to live.

So what I need is to move the desired Video Delay to Preview (I run 2 of them, one for each camera) and when it is moved to PREVIEW, trigger the action "Stop Video Delay Record". Then all I have to do is find the right spot and send it. As it is, I have to do a lot of mouse clicking.

I am hoping others could find this useful so that Martin will add this in to a future release.

Tim
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:53:33 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ tdurhamjr

To some extent I understand what you are doing, and in that respect, I agree that a "Shortcut" function should be added (any action that requires a mouse click should have a "Shortcut").

So, + 1

However, I think I would lose my mind if I tried to manage REPLAYS like that and I don't necessarily think that you are getting the best use of the "Video Delay" feature by turning it OFF and ON all the time.
If you "Save" a segment as a Clip, (there is a Shortcut for that) then you will not lose any possible concurrent events, but then the main issue becomes timing if you plan on doing "Instant Replay" with the Video Delay.
If you have the luxury of waiting till the recording saves, there's no real issue, you can set the clip up whenever you want. If your window of opportunity is a little narrower, then it's all about timing it right.
For me, in Ice Hockey, I have about a 20-25 second window to do a slow motion REPLAY after a goal. This allows for me to set-up a 10 second delay, wait 5 or 6 seconds after the goal for some high fives, transition to the Delay at 50% speed about 5 seconds prior to goal, play for 10 seconds or so to see goal in slow motion and transition back to LIVE in time for the face-off.
If you are doing Basketball, your window might be even shorter, like maybe a 4 or 5 second delay that you have to go to a second or two after the basket.
The point is, each sport will have it's own "Timing" requirements when it comes to REPLAY opportunities, and finding the workflow that works best for you is what's important.

Ice
thisguy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:00:04 AM(UTC)
thisguy

This has come up in our broadcasts as well. A Start & Stop shortcut for VideoDelays would be so helpful.