logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aroldodias  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:09:31 PM(UTC)
aroldodias

Groups: Registered

hello, I bought 03 webcams from microsoft and am trying to connect them in Vmix, put the damn program is accepting only two of them, what I do for the program to accept various webcams finally bought a license to capture with 1000 entries and not achieving this catch 03 webcams, what should I do, qlguem can help me?
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:19:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

This is a limitation of the USB ports in your system, try plugging them into different USB ports to see if it helps, otherwise you will need
a separate USB card for the third webcam.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Steadirob  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:40:38 PM(UTC)
Steadirob

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Are those webcams and their software the same? It is often the drivers that can only be used with one instance of a connected device.
So it might be that Windows doesn't allow the installed software to be used on more than 2 devices.
Sometimes it helps to install the software on a different disk and start another device from there.

It's similar with the Black MagicDesign Media Express software: you can only open one program and then select one input, even if you have a BMD-quad or more than one BMD card installed.
When you install the software on a separate disk you can launch another Media Express instance that can connect to another input, but it will show the one in use by the first instance grayed out, so not accessible.

But maybe Martin can explain better how to use several identical devices on vMix.

Rob