logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
julianlee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:39:29 AM(UTC)
julianlee

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi, Martin.
Thanks to your efforts.
vMix 9, our customers Want templates added multi-viewer.

http://s10.postimage.org...1pq1/multi_view_need.jpg

This feature is very simple, but users very useful.
Create a multi-view difficulty, Making in vMix by using the multiview position settings to alter zoom, crop, pan etc.
Also, supported by the existing H / W expensive switcher.

Best,
julian lee
dodgepong  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:08:00 AM(UTC)
dodgepong

Ah, I just found another post asking for basically the same thing...indeed, this is exactly what I would like to do. The controls for cropping are disabled in each input's position settings with multiview...I hope whatever prevents that from working can be fixed :)
admin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:36:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Julian,

The MultView presets are designed to ensure the aspect ratio of each source is preserved.
What you are proposing would involve stretching the video, which can be done from the Position tab by selecting the Overlay1 or Overlay2 options in the dropdown box
then changing the Zoom Y value.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

dodgepong  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:55:46 PM(UTC)
dodgepong

admin wrote:
Hi Julian,

The MultView presets are designed to ensure the aspect ratio of each source is preserved.
What you are proposing would involve stretching the video, which can be done from the Position tab by selecting the Overlay1 or Overlay2 options in the dropdown box
then changing the Zoom Y value.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Personally, I'm not looking to stretch. I want to have 2 cameras available that I can switch to and go fullscreen on at will, but also have a multiview set up with those two inputs where the top quarter and bottom quarter of each video is cropped out, and then stack them on top of each other (or chop off the sides and put them side by side) so that each video is not warped, but it still takes up the full viewing area.

I was experimenting with it last night, and I was able to come up with a hack to get it to work, but it's not pretty. I had to add 2 copies of each camera as inputs, and crop one of each at the source before adding them to an overlay.

The result of what I'm looking for looks something like this: http://i.imgur.com/j9gEWJp.jpg

I just wish I didn't have to add two of each camera just to do this, which would be possible if I could crop overlays in multiviews.