logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rick  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:51:55 AM(UTC)
rick

Groups: Registered

I love Vmix as it does everything I want except for one thing. Perhaps there is already a way to do this:

Each video track has it's own audio track.....what I would like to see is an audio track completely independant of the video tracks. Let's say you want to mix various video clips that each have their own audio but would also like to have a single "background music" track that continues through the whole production. In other words, an audio track completely independant of the video tracks that never stops playing the "soundtrack" until you manually stop it or select a new song.

I realize you can use a cd player or something like that and bring the music into vmix that way but it would be nice to have that automatic control of various background songs in your production. When you add an audio input into vmix now, it is stopped as soon as you click the next input.

Again, if this already exists I would appreciate an explanation of how to do it.

Thanks
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:39:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Rick,

You can keep the audio running from an audio track by going to the vMix Audio Mixer and unticking the "Automatic Audio Mixing" button for the input. It
is identified by the symbol with two arrows left and right.

Regards,

Martin
vMix