logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobR  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:10:04 PM(UTC)
BobR

Groups: Registered

I know vmix supports Power Point but is there a way that a speaker can control the slides?

Thanks,

Bob
Bandit62  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:46:52 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

The easiest and saftest way is via a second PC, and link them, in my case via the ethernet, and do a screen capture...been doing it that way from the time I started using vMix, never had any issues.....Using powerpoint on the same PC is possible, but I like to play safe.....but you can try to do a shortcut setup, where you can assign a ke to advance, 'Next Item', and see if that works....haven't tried it, but if I try it, I will post the result here.....You may also try using a wireless presenter pointer...maybe it should work
Mathijs  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:10:29 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
vMix does support powerpoint when it is installed on the same machine.
It does not support animated slides or slides with bulletpoints that normally activate when the speaker clicks next.
Also you cannot show presenters view with speaker notes.

If that is no problem, you can use a clicker to control the slides. In setup, go to shortcuts. Click find key and press the clicker.
Choose next picture as function with program as channel and it will work.
Choose previous picture for the back button of the clicker.

The names of the functions can differ, as this is coming out of my mind without ability to check right now.

If you have powerpoints with animations or special transitions, just get them from a separate pc or mac with ndi desktop capture.
You can even send the presenters view to the stage for the speaker to see notes if they have them.
Normally I take the powerpoint fullscreen output of a laptop with a HDMI-SDI converter and use NDI for the speakers notes.
This is to keep the laptop running light and because of the fact that I need a device connected to the laptop anyway to be able to use 2 screens.
Bandit62  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:27:44 PM(UTC)

If the Powerpoint is not running annimations, and it is just straight slides, it will run ok on the PC as long as Powerpoint is installed...I tried it, and have a shortcut set up for such, where I can just press the right arrow, and the slid advances, left arrow and reverses......I do not have a presenter's pointer here to test the wireless advance, but I believe it can work...The best way is to use two computers...as Mathijs has stated.....
BobR  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 7:31:53 PM(UTC)
BobR

Thanks for the great reply's, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Bob
homeless  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:10:09 AM(UTC)
homeless

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We test Logitech presenters with vMix - you create 2 shortcuts for PageUp and PageDown keys with actions "NextPicture"/"PrevPicture" for active input. BUT - it uncomfortable - very hard to work with PC, which controlled (partially) by another people. Best fit - using independed PC with PowerPoint and grab second screen with presentation over HDMI capture (or use Desktop capture). And independed PC may have 2 monitors (or 1 monitor and EDID-emulator - for 2 screens in OS - one for operator interface, one for "clean presentation output"))
mjgraves  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:33:23 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I'd suggest running PowerPoint on a second PC. Send that computer's screen to vMix via NDI. That allows you to use any transitions, animations or video you like.

You can use any PowerPoint wireless presenter you like. I have one from Logitech that works well.