logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:05:19 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
After finally getting our new studio PC to function after some render time issues a new problem emerged.

To repeat, this is an Asus X99 motherboard, running Windows 10 Anniversary update, vMix 17.0.0.107, Nvidia GTX980 TI OC, a couple of Yuan SC542N4 and all drivers updated. Tried with both a complicated preset/setting, and with the deafult settings, a new preset and just one Input added.

More or less every time after a Windows shutdown and bootup we get a blue screen when vMix opens a preset with a Yuan camera as input. And after Window's automatically restarts, vMix reports "corrupt configuration". See attached screen shots. This does not happen after a Windows restart. Luckily we can use vMix again after the corruption is fixed.

I am not sure where the configuration i stored, but I will e-mail vMix support a couple of log files, as well as config files.

Pretty sure this is related to the Yuan drivers. If I repeat with a Colour Input, or a Magewell HDMI-USB camera as Input we don't get any blue screen. (Reluctant to try with other PCIe cards at the moment, since we need the PC for production in the immediate future).

Any idea of what the problem might be? Any other log data that I can pick up before I report to Yuan? The thing that bothers me right now is tha "corrupted configuration".

Thanks.
richardgatarski attached the following image(s):
vMix windows blue screen.jpg (56kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
vMix corrupt config.png (9kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
kdvberg on 8/20/2016(UTC)
corporatejames  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:20:03 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
It could be the anniversary update and Nvidia drivers
I was getting blue screen after update with one camera added to preset but using blackmagic card (all drivers updated) I have asus z97 deluxe motherboard.
was similar blue screen when the November update came out but resolved with next major windows update.
I had to roll my current system back before August update as I'm we have preseason on at the moment and disable Windows update service for time being.
System running very well (touch wood).

Did the system work before the update?
admin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:23:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Richard,

My understanding is YUAN cards do not work with X99 motherboards at this time. You can contact them to see if they have an updated driver
but last I heard this was a common issue.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:24:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

James, we have tested the August update to make sure the Nvidia issue is still fixed, so I suspect you may be running into another hardware issue.
When the problem occured back in November, the blue screen error showed "dxgmms2.sys" does your error show something similar?
admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:24:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

By the way, the corrupt config error just means windows was in the middle of writing the configuration when the crash occurred.
It is a side effect of the issue, but doesn't indicate anything strange going on on the vMix side of things.
richardgatarski  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:07:19 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

OK, thanks.
I am forwarding this to Yuan. Hopefully there is a hint in the difference betweem Shutdown-Reboot and just a Restart.
kdvberg  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 8:24:55 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Very similar build here except GTX970 and only a single SC542N4 card. I have the exact same issue. I had not put my finger on the difference between the reboot and shutdown/restart but yes that is true for me too.

I would be very excited to know if there is a fix for this.

As far as the Yuan cards not working with the X99 chipset I understood that these newer Yuan cards work fine with X99, that it was only the older SC510 cards that had the issue.
corporatejames  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:44:37 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
admin wrote:

James, we have tested the August update to make sure the Nvidia issue is still fixed, so I suspect you may be running into another hardware issue.
When the problem occurred back in November, the blue screen error showed "dxgmms2.sys" does your error show something similar?

Yes I think it was that same error again - definitely Nvidia and Windows 10 issue. I did see people are reporting it again when I searched about the latest update.
I will wait a few weeks after preseason and do the update to Anniversary to see if resolved by then or reoccurs.
System running very well at moment. All good for now. Thanks Martin. Latest Vmix version working great.
richardgatarski  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:53:47 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
My understanding is YUAN cards do not work with X99 motherboards at this time. You can contact them to see if they have an updated driver but last I heard this was a common issue.

I've checked with Yuan, who says "For SC510 series, there is the limitation working on X99. For SC542 series, there is no problem". Hmm, I wonder if the Anniversary update introduced our problem. Earlier we found that the SC542 series did not work on X79.

Guess we have to test with other PCIe cards and see how that turns out.

EDIT: I confirmed that Blue screen also shows up if I try with VLC after a Windows shut down + bootup.

pop  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:59:13 PM(UTC)
pop

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Try turning off "fast startup".

http://www.windows10upda...or-disable-fast-startup/

That fixed the problem for me with the SC542N4 SDI and Z170 motherboard. I actually got that tip directly from Yuan.
thanks 3 users thanked pop for this useful post.
kdvberg on 8/26/2016(UTC), Mathijs on 8/26/2016(UTC), richardgatarski on 10/19/2016(UTC)
kdvberg  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:07:34 PM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That did it! I unchecked the "fast startup" box and the BlueScreen crash went away! I see this as more of a work-around than a fix but as far as I am concerned this issue is over. Thanks pop for the link!