logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Teabox  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 4:31:09 PM(UTC)
Teabox

Groups: Registered

I am a new user vmix, I am very happy with the features and amenities in vmix, simple interface, ease of use, stable, powerful, and very low cpu resources,

but the biggest thing I regret is: 
WHY I KNOW AND KNOWING VMIX NOW! 
Not from long ago!!!
suppose I knew from the first course, my job would be very easy and fun.

after trying vmix intensively for 3 days, I realized that vmix more reliable than other videomix software I use like avta **,  vidbl*****,dvmi***.

from my experience over the 3 days I found flaws (for me personally), .. 

1. hopefully in future versions vmix feature of external output could supports device output to DV / regular Firewire without decklink or BM Hardware.
so when the lights suddenly went out, I still have a backup recording on MiniDV tape, dvdrecorder, although it can still be overcome by using UPS device. ;)

2. feature record to disk, I tried to record a video for a few minutes, then my pc shut down intentionally by unplugging the power cable, I did it to see if
to ascertain whether the stored data can be played normally, the data turned out to be corrupt, and can not be played.

3. hopefully feature record to disk output file can support third-party codec popular like CANOPUS DV, AVCHD, etc.

finally ... thanks martin .. Your hard work as like when bill gates first introduced  windows on me. nice job ! 

greetings from Indonesia.
Steadirob  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:44:51 AM(UTC)
Steadirob

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Teabox,

I see you already know the solution: a large UPS is absolutely needed if you want reliable operation of any video project.
Certainly in a country like yours or mine (thailand) with frequent power cuts or when working on generators.

When you record to disk you can also choose the MKV format which should be recoverable in case of sudden power-cut. I did not try that out, yet.

firewire and DV-devices are phased out, end of development..... many new mainboards and laptops do not have the option anymore.
It also introduces a delay of sometimes several seconds which is not very helpful for sync sound shooting.

I have used the Cineform codec (free, from the Go Pro website) with good results. VLC has a problem with it but most other players or editing programs can use it.

Rob