logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
watchfulone  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 1:46:48 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hey Martin i was wondering, how you keep up with us always asking for a new feature in vMix
Well you seem to be doing a pretty good job keep it up.

Is there any plans for a UBUNTU version of vMIx?

As you know UBUNTU is Linux, it is very stable and has some lovely features too.

I think vMix would well well with Linux, what do you think?
thanks 1 user thanked watchfulone for this useful post.
lovetruth on 3/8/2015(UTC)
watchfulone  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:04:27 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
watchfulone wrote:
Hey Martin i was wondering, how you keep up with us always asking for a new feature in vMix
Well you seem to be doing a pretty good job keep it up.

Is there any plans for a UBUNTU version of vMIx?

As you know UBUNTU is Linux, it is very stable and has some lovely features too.

I think vMix would do well on UBUNTU, what do you think?

thanks 1 user thanked watchfulone for this useful post.
lovetruth on 3/8/2015(UTC)
melody  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:07:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi watchfulone,

as an addition to your request, an android aplication was very interesting.

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 9:46:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
vMix has been designed to take advantage of the advanced multimedia features in Windows.
Building for another platform like Linux or OSX would require a complete rewrite so it is something not being considered.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
lovetruth  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:40:00 PM(UTC)
lovetruth

admin wrote:
vMix has been designed to take advantage of the advanced multimedia features in Windows.
Building for another platform like Linux or OSX would require a complete rewrite so it is something not being considered.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hello, Martin.
I am using a paid version of vMix. I (and really not only me!...) would really like some ubuntu version, even if it is only paid, sure. I am a Computer Engineer and I would even offer help, if needed. I believe Linux offers very good multimedia features (and Ubuntu, specifically, also). If you really think that the Windows Multimedia features are a must, you can talk with Codeweavers, they might help. We can pay. I think that we are a sufficient number of clients who desire/need Ubuntu version, that you can consider this. On Codeweavers here is an example that shows that there is this request https://www.codeweavers....browse/name/?app_id=6338
Also, the Linux offer on Multimedia streaming (especially with video input mixing) is very poor and low on features. So this would be an ice-breaker and a really good software choice. I know that you can really make some breakout with this Linux version, so good luck!...
Thank you in advance for your quick and amiable response!...

Best regards,
Eng. Andrei Caba
Ittaidv  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:54:22 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
lovetruth wrote:
admin wrote:

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hello, Martin.
I am using a paid version of vMix. I (and really not only me!...) would really like some ubuntu version, even if it is only paid, sure. I am a Computer Engineer and I would even offer help, if needed. I believe Linux offers very good multimedia features (and Ubuntu, specifically, also). If you really think that the Windows Multimedia features are a must, you can talk with Codeweavers, they might help. We can pay. I think that we are a sufficient number of clients who desire/need Ubuntu version, that you can consider this. On Codeweavers here is an example that shows that there is this request https://www.codeweavers....browse/name/?app_id=6338
Also, the Linux offer on Multimedia streaming (especially with video input mixing) is very poor and low on features. So this would be an ice-breaker and a really good software choice. I know that you can really make some breakout with this Linux version, so good luck!...
Thank you in advance for your quick and amiable response!...

Best regards,
Eng. Andrei Caba

It's not about those windows multimedia features I think. I think Martin means he built it using windows only architecture. Direct x, Directshow,.. This would not be just a port, but a rewrite. I'm sure the Linux community is not big enough to justify this.