logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbgaus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:21:47 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi vMix team,

I bought my first AJA card (it's a Kona LHi) to play around with vMix and noticed some interesting problem with dropped frames and choppy audio that sometimes occurs in vMix. I am using version 17.0.0.105 on Windows 7 x64.

First off the external output config setting says "Kona LHi Output 2", what does Output 2 refer to? While the card has a primary frame buffer format and a secondary (converted) format, it does not appear to have two distinct channels like the DeckLink Duo. Also it does not appear that changing the SDI output settings in the AJA control panel have any effect when vMix is sending out. Is this expected?

Anyways, moving on... I noticed immediately stuttering audio out of the external output when I played a video clip, it went away after 2 or so cycles of the External Output enable button. When I add an input (in my case a lower third title) the stuttering returns. And sometimes when playing back a new clip, the stuttering starts again when cutting to that clip.

I will try this in a different piece of hardware, I just wanted to post to see if there was any interesting feedback. Thanks!