logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hall3008  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2016 2:33:26 AM(UTC)
Hall3008

Groups: Registered
Man
Croatia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As we have green screen TV studio, our wish is that the vMix get a few more options in green screen option. We know that for now the options satisfactory, but we believe that developers working on vmix can do much better, and therefore to get closer to After Effects software, which we believe is this really afraid. Several more option in croma key to believe vmix made considerably more attractive. If nothing else you might want to consider an optional plugin which has additional options for options croma key and green screen. So much for now from us with our great greeting to the whole team vmix
ichn1  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2016 9:33:54 PM(UTC)
ichn1

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1
Peter B  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 3:29:51 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
+1

More control with spill suppression, adding the opposite colour would be welcome.

Having the option for the RGB colour corrector to only work inside the key, not affecting the
green would allow some grading of the foreground element in the comp.
ichn1  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:46:38 PM(UTC)
ichn1

+1
Squier  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:17:46 AM(UTC)
Squier

+1
pop  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:35:38 AM(UTC)
pop

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
+1
mjgraves  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 11:20:21 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Might this be accomplished using a third-party plug-in?

Are there plug-ins the can perform more sophisticated real-time chroma keying?

My own experience in this area, some time ago, involved Ultimatte hardware and better production switchers. No desktop solutions.
Peter B  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 3:01:21 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

mjgraves wrote:
Might this be accomplished using a third-party plug-in?

Are there plug-ins the can perform more sophisticated real-time chroma keying?

My own experience in this area, some time ago, involved Ultimatte hardware and better production switchers. No desktop solutions.

Ultimatte, that brings back memories, so much so I remembered I actually have an Ultimatte 5 at a mate's place, he's un-earthing it now. It would allow colour tweaking the foreground fill to match the background while not effecting the key. You could also defocus the background and that was in analogue, it wasn't just a LP filter but some sort of recursive feedback that could really take off if turned to far.

While vMix's keys are surprisingly good the only other app that does realtime is this using the green screen plugin. It has a few more parameters.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler

http://www.outerspace-so...om/community/view?i=1342

This will texture map external 2 or a BMD sdi live source into a 3D model that can then be keyed. It used to output to sdi as well but thats been dropped so hdmi out from the gpu or desktop capture are workarounds. Not ideal.

I hope vMix don't mind me suggesting this but combining Bluff and vMix makes a crazy effects platform, live video mapped onto a particle system ... your gpu won't like it !
Sony, eat your heart out.

Ittaidv  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:34:59 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Also realtime is da vinci resolve in live mode. It's on my agenda to test this soon. It should give you access to a lot more tools that just greenscreen.
Peter B  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:35:26 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Ittaidv wrote:
Also realtime is da vinci resolve in live mode. It's on my agenda to test this soon. It should give you access to a lot more tools that just greenscreen.

I have used Resolve to chroma key even though it doesn't specifically have a chroma key function you can use a colour qualifier to pick the green and then other qualifiers for spill suppression. A bit of a fiddle but it can do superb keys, even real time defocus, free waveform monitoring or recording.

Unfortunately in live mode it will only key onto a black background. I have requested that they provide a source for the background for onset key previews with cine shoots and Peter Chamberlain said he will do this but the Bg won't be a live source.

It has several frames delay which may be an issue if using more than one camera, unless you delay your other cameras in vMix.

An interesting tool to use as an `effects send'. I have used this as an upstream colour corrector.
ichn1  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 4:40:25 PM(UTC)
ichn1

we have used vmix for chroma key and virtual studio, the we recorded green screen raw via vmix, we took the recorded file to sony vegas, then to aftereffect, both fail to give clean chroma key, we discoved that only vmix have the best clean clear chroma key. try and you will see. vmix chroma key capabilities is the best.
Ittaidv  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 1:35:53 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Peter B wrote:
Ittaidv wrote:

I have used Resolve to chroma key even though it doesn't specifically have a chroma key function you can use a colour qualifier to pick the green and then other qualifiers for spill suppression. A bit of a fiddle but it can do superb keys, even real time defocus, free waveform monitoring or recording.

Unfortunately in live mode it will only key onto a black background. I have requested that they provide a source for the background for onset key previews with cine shoots and Peter Chamberlain said he will do this but the Bg won't be a live source.

It has several frames delay which may be an issue if using more than one camera, unless you delay your other cameras in vMix.

An interesting tool to use as an `effects send'. I have used this as an upstream colour corrector.

Can it take a vmix external/virtual output as an input? Or only capture cards?
Peter B  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 7:21:24 AM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Can it take a vmix external/virtual output as an input? Or only capture cards?

Only BMD capture cards, sdi and hdmi. That's why I have an sdi router to join all these.
Bluff titler will use win devices.