logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdvberg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 9:33:05 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So I have spent three evenings this week working on the install. Old system is yanked, new cameras are in, wires are pulled, vMix is installed, shortcuts are made, somewhere along the way I went to add the Pro Presenter Input via HDMI and boom, my first big hurdle. It appears that the Splitter is adding HDCP but that is not for this post.

Because HDMI did not work I fell back to NDI for Pro Presenter Capture. I was really impressed how easy that was to set up! Within about a minute of completing the download on the Mac I had the capture in vMix. Everything was great until it wasn't.

As I continued to work on configuring vMix I noticed a crash message on the Mac. The Desktop Capture program had crashed. The first time was not a big deal and it restarted just fine. Within the next hour it crashed five or six times. That is not going to fly so I removed the capture program and went back to troubleshooting the HDMI.

I left late last night without any Pro Presenter capture and I am now reaching out for help.

My only thought is that the capture is not liking the fact that my vMix computer is only on wifi right now as I don't have a gigabit Ethernet yet. Just need a 15' patch cord as my 10' is too short. I will fix that tonight.

That said though, being on wifi may hurt performance but I don't think it should make the app crash.

Anyone had issues with Desktop Capture crashing on a Mac?

Any help is appreciated!
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 10:05:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Have you tried the NDI module for Pro Presenter?
http://www.renewedvision...?page=modules#sdi_module

You won't need to run desktop capture with this module installed.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
kdvberg on 8/6/2016(UTC)
kdvberg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 10:38:38 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
No, did not know that was out there. Thank you! $99 is not that bad but free would have been better. Not sure what way to go, I think we may just fix the HDCP issue and stick with HDMI. I think I can do that for $20.
AElli  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 5:57:40 PM(UTC)
AElli

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Maybe try Newteks own NDI capture application, Scan Converter, its Part of their NDI tools package.

Downloads available for win, mac, linux.

A.
kane  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 6:08:29 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
There is a free NDI Scan Converter for OSX that is made by Sienna which you can try, but the plug-in for ProPresenter would be the best way to go.

You fist need to get everything on gigabit Ethernet. While I'm not going to say that WiFi can't work, you really want to get gigabit going, that is what NDI was designed for.

Kane Peterson
NewTek