logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:35:48 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
One of my very small issues with VMIX is the ability to late change a VT. Quiet often we are just about to playout a VT from VMIX and for some reason we have to drop in a replacement. Possibly a quick re-edit of a news item. The current way to update content that is already online in VMIX has its file locked (quiet rightly), but this means we cant just replace the file with the updated edit, we have to create a new file, the click on the COG for the respective input, select change, browse to the new edited file, select OK, and close the VMIX oinput properties window. This is not an easy task when half way through a live dynamic multi-cam production.

What would be nice is some sort of method whereby a remote editor can just write over the existing file, whilst live, maybe some kind of watch function to auto reload changed files.

Keith

ask  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:39:55 PM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This is already the case for images. Have you tried simply dropping a changed version of the video file into the source folder, with the same name? I will test when I have time, but I can see the merit in your idea.