logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
homeless  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:09:41 AM(UTC)
homeless

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
In 2015 i wrote about multiview and API function:

I create multiview with background picture and send it to programm. With shortcut i create SetMultiViewOverlay to change input in multiview overlays.
Or in script - - API.Function("SetMultiViewOverlay","2","2,3") - in multiview input (№2) i change overlay №2 to input №3
Or in script - - API.Function("SetMultiViewOverlay","2","2,1") - in multiview input (№2) i change overlay №2 to input №1
But if in this inputs i have videos - thay don't started, auto audio mixed and other (as checked in "general" option on this inputs)

I think that behavior - autoplay on transition, pause on transition, automix audio and other options in "general" tabs in input - must be work in all cases (overlay transitions, multiview changes and etc.)

And second request(?) - create API access (from scripts or shortcuts) to all (or main) properties of objects (inputs, multiview, overlays), as example - positions (SetPanX, SetPanY, SetZoom - is exist, but only for inputs). It is will possibility to create small animations- as example:
1. Set backround pics input to program (multiview input (№2))
2. Create trigger "OnTransitionIn" to start script.
3. Create script with some actions:
a) SetMultiviewOverlay("2","2").PanX=-2 - hide overlay2 from screen
b) SetMultiveiwOverlay ("2","2","3") - set overlay2 to input3 (simple LOGO)
c) for i=-2 to i=-0,5 step 0,25 begin
SetMultiviewOverlay("2","2").PanX=i - scroll overlay2
end
d) Delay (2000ms)
e) SetMultiviewOverlay("2","2","") - set overlay2 to blank

And we have "simple" scrolled LOGO from left , staying on screen 2sec and switch off
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:53:05 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ homeless
Quote:
I create multiview with background picture and send it to programm. With shortcut i create SetMultiViewOverlay to change input in multiview overlays.
Or in script - - API.Function("SetMultiViewOverlay","2","2,3") - in multiview input (№2) i change overlay №2 to input №3
Or in script - - API.Function("SetMultiViewOverlay","2","2,1") - in multiview input (№2) i change overlay №2 to input №1
But if in this inputs i have videos - thay don't started, auto audio mixed and other (as checked in "general" option on this inputs)

I agree that videos should probably start playing when you do this, but in fairness, it's a "change" within and not a "Transition In" of the active Input.
The workaround is to "clone" the shortcut and add/edit the function to "Play" the desired "Input" video clip when the shortcut/API is activated.

Your second request
Quote:

And we have "simple" scrolled LOGO from left , staying on screen 2sec and switch off

is also possible to achieve in a couple of different ways with "Triggers".
Creating it within a "MultiView" Overlay environment is a little more complex as animating 'In' Overlays requires multiple "SetPanX" triggers, but certainly possible.
Using the DSK "Overlay" channels of vMix is much easier to set up.

Hope that helps.

Ice
homeless  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:09:24 AM(UTC)
homeless

Groups:

For first part: i dont understand "clone the shortcut" may be it assume - "clone multiview input as virtual inputs" with different sources of multiview overlays ?

For second part: scripting may be interested as engine to create simple animations without xaml, "AfterEffect" and etc.

Small example - simple "Flying overlay in square"
it work with "preview" - send to preview needed input - you see animations and set this input to overlayX(with needed size)
Quote:
dim x as Double =-0.3
dim y as Double = 0.125
dim dx as double = 1
dim dy as double = 1
dim xs as string
dim ys as string
API.Function ("LoopOn",0,1)
API.Function("Play",0,1)
for i as integer =1 to 4000
xs=CStr(x)
xs=xs.Replace(",",".")
ys=CStr(y)
ys=ys.Replace(",",".")
API.Function("SetPanX",0,xs)
API.Function("SetPanY",0,ys)
x=x + 0.00375*dx
y=y + 0.00625*dy
Sleep (25)
if x>0.5 then dx=-1
if x<-0.5 then dx=1
if y>0.3 then dy=-1
if y<-0.3 then dy=1
next
API.Function("Pause",0,1)
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:14:51 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
homeless wrote:
For first part: i dont understand "clone the shortcut" may be it assume - "clone multiview input as virtual inputs" with different sources of multiview overlays ?

NO...
Cloning a "Shortcut" and then editing it's 'Function' allows you to perform multiple actions with a single key.
In this case, changing the "MultiView Overlay Input" and starting the video to play.

I'm not sure I understand your second example???

Ice
homeless  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:11:17 AM(UTC)
homeless

Groups:

Small video for second example - small-video

About first case - i understand idea with multiple actions, but - it will require more keys - i set shortcut1 to change multiview overlay source to inputX, and set shortcut2 to start video in inputX, and add in shortcut1 trigger to shortcut2. But - i think it workaround. If all checkboxes in "general" tabs on inputs propertiew works always when input sending to program output (direct transitions, overlay, multiview) - this workaround don't needed.
homeless  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:22:18 AM(UTC)
homeless

Groups:

Ooops, i dont know that i use one key in many shortcuts - it's good