logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moth  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:38:32 AM(UTC)
moth

Groups: Registered

Howdy all - I'm creating my own titles in Blend and I've come across a limitation that I can't figure how to get around.

I come from the web world where when calling dynamic text you might use something like {firstname} {lastname}. This allows the text to flow nicely on from each other so it appears as if it's within the same text box, but is two separate fields.

With XAML and vMix I haven't found a way to insert the dynamic text elements without the need to create separate placeholder text boxes for each field. This sometimes causes gaps to appear between text and some unsightly looking layouts.

Is there a way to achieve this in Blend?

Cheers
NiBTour  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 2:53:02 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
moth wrote:
Howdy all - I'm creating my own titles in Blend and I've come across a limitation that I can't figure how to get around.

I come from the web world where when calling dynamic text you might use something like {firstname} {lastname}. This allows the text to flow nicely on from each other so it appears as if it's within the same text box, but is two separate fields.

With XAML and vMix I haven't found a way to insert the dynamic text elements without the need to create separate placeholder text boxes for each field. This sometimes causes gaps to appear between text and some unsightly looking layouts.

Is there a way to achieve this in Blend?

Cheers

why not just use your own variables and parse them?
ProducerAnywhere  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 2:44:00 AM(UTC)
ProducerAnywhere

United States

Originally Posted by: moth Go to Quoted Post

I’m having this *exact* issue right now and I’m wondering if you ever found a good solution. I’m brand new to vMix, and my company really needs to manage all of our title content / variable data from a Google Sheet… But we have MANY variable data points that need to be able to reflow within text boxes that also contain non-variable text. Any tips / guidance would be much appreciated.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 2:58:10 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ProducerAnywhere Go to Quoted Post

I’m having this *exact* issue right now and I’m wondering if you ever found a good solution. I’m brand new to vMix, and my company really needs to manage all of our title content / variable data from a Google Sheet… But we have MANY variable data points that need to be able to reflow within text boxes that also contain non-variable text. Any tips / guidance would be much appreciated.

Areyou using XAML title or GT titles

1) why not let the sheet do the "reflowing"before its used as a data source and use those fields
2) alternatively ( GT titles) use "invisible transfer"fiels in the title for a script to read and put back in a visible field to your requirements

Guess there are more recent post giving this similar solution rather than a 7 year old one ;-)
ProducerAnywhere  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 3:32:28 AM(UTC)
ProducerAnywhere

United States

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a colleague exploring your first solution as we speak… The way we typically receive our data is fairly specific (we get TONS of data points with each value in its own cell) so we’re trying to see if the CONCAT function may be able to dynamically compile values from multiple cells into a separate, single cell. She’s just WAY better at spreadsheet tricks than I am, so I’m really hoping she can “dazzle” me with a cool solution. :)

As for your second solution, I’ll definitely do some digging on the “invisible fields” you mention. This seems like kind of a hidden feature (no pun intended)… Are there any specific references you can point me to?

I realize this is a VERY old thread, but it was my only search result and seemed perfectly relevant to my needs. Thanks for bearing with me.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 5:27:14 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ProducerAnywhere Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply. I actually have a colleague exploring your first solution as we speak… The way we typically receive our data is fairly specific (we get TONS of data points with each value in its own cell) so we’re trying to see if the CONCAT function may be able to dynamically compile values from multiple cells into a separate, single cell. She’s just WAY better at spreadsheet tricks than I am, so I’m really hoping she can “dazzle” me with a cool solution. :)

If one does a "comversion" to another sheet then select the result sheet as a datasource

Quote:

As for your second solution, I’ll definitely do some digging on the “invisible fields” you mention. This seems like kind of a hidden feature (no pun intended)… Are there any specific references you can point me to?

is not a hidden feature is just what one does with the fields (show or not) . RRegardless of the visibility with scripting one can read their content and do some conversions on them and display the result in another field inthe title

a simple example https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post80860

or https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post97789