logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NewYork  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:55:19 PM(UTC)
NewYork

Groups: Registered

Hi!
I am interesting to know how it is possible to integrate chyron text in my live streams, since I am user of vMix software? Could you give me some suggestion about this topic?

Thank you very much in advance!

N.Y
kane  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:27:51 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
For native Chyron titles, you can use ChyronIP along with the AirSend Updater tool installed on it. This convert this NewTek AirSend compatible application into a NDI output.
http://chyronhego.com/broadcast-graphics/lyricip

Kane Peterson
NewTek
thanks 1 user thanked kane for this useful post.
NewYork on 7/21/2016(UTC)
NewYork  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:08:02 AM(UTC)
NewYork

kane wrote:
For native Chyron titles, you can use ChyronIP along with the AirSend Updater tool installed on it. This convert this NewTek AirSend compatible application into a NDI output.
http://chyronhego.com/broadcast-graphics/lyricip

Kane Peterson
NewTek

Mr. Peterson, thank you very much for your reply.
I am newbie with vMix software and please can you explain me can I use ChyronIP along with vMix? Is this ChyronIP software solution or just hardware solution? Please take in consideration that i am newbie and maybe I ask you some rookie questions but I am rookie.

Thank you in advance!
kane  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:36:04 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I work for NewTek, so I can't answer how it all exactly works in vMix. I'm here helping with NDI questions, since vMix 17 supports NDI.

ChyronIP is a separate system, sold from ChyronHego as a complete system with the software and hardware together. The output would be NDI, which vMix 17 could receive.

If you haven't looked, ChyronIP is pretty expensive (in comparison to vMix). It's much cheaper than a 'traditional' Chyron, but still in the $15K price range.

Let me ask a question, when you are asking for Chyron support, are you just meaning titles in the general sense or specifically support for Chyron titles? I've heard many people ask for the 'Chyron', but all they mean is just graphics/titles in general, they really don't care what is creating them. Kind of like asking for an Avid, but all you really want is to edit and you don't really care if it is Premiere or FCP being used.

If your need is any solution for graphics and titles, you might want to check out NewTek's 'LiveText' software, which is really easy to use for new users. If fact, you can download the LiveText software and run it for 15 days to try it out if you want to see how it works. ( http://new.tk/dl ) Some other solutions could be 'CasparCG' (free, but more difficult to use) or I've also taking a liking to 'NewBlueFX Live Titler Broadcast' (easy to use) software. All of these solutions can support NDI. They are all software solutions that you would install on a separate system and connect using a gigabit Ethernet network.

Kane Peterson
NewTek