logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Slasher  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 9:10:53 PM(UTC)
Slasher

Groups: Registered

I'm currently looking at creating virtual zooms on a 4k camera, and linking them to shortcuts.

The idea is to use a 4 K camera, and create several virtual inputs from this camera.

When i cut to one of these virtual inputs, the image should be zoomed in to a position at a certain speed. Once i cut to another input or virtual input, the image should be reset to the original proportions, so i can repeat the movement time after time again.

This way i can create virtual slow zooms, crash zooms, zoomouts,.. with a single camera, and add some action to a fixed shot.

I looked at scripting and triggers, but couldn't really find out how to do it right.

Anyone who has a solution?

Thx!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 2:48:02 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Virtual set ?
jet  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 7:55:52 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Slasher wrote:
I'm currently looking at creating virtual zooms on a 4k camera, and linking them to shortcuts.

The idea is to use a 4 K camera, and create several virtual inputs from this camera.

When i cut to one of these virtual inputs, the image should be zoomed in to a position at a certain speed. Once i cut to another input or virtual input, the image should be reset to the original proportions, so i can repeat the movement time after time again.

This way i can create virtual slow zooms, crash zooms, zoomouts,.. with a single camera, and add some action to a fixed shot.

I looked at scripting and triggers, but couldn't really find out how to do it right.

Anyone who has a solution?

Thx!

Hi.

Try the Merge -transition.

Check this video out at time 6:40:

Kind regards,
Jan

Wired and reliable Tally Lights system:
http://tally.fi

madness  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:56:06 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
You need 2 inputs. An original, and a virtual. One of the inputs with position zoomed in, the other position out, and as stated, merge between them.

Something like I did with this static image set up as 4 inputs.
thanks 1 user thanked madness for this useful post.
jet on 7/16/2016(UTC)
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 10:25:56 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Slasher

If I understand your 'wants' correctly, I'm pretty sure most of it can be accomplished but it may involve some complex set-ups to pull off exactly as you desire.
Certainly, as others have described, using the 'Merge' transition and/or setting up a custom "Virtual Set" is what you'll need to do to give you the "zoom" effect but altering the speed during the course of your program is where some of the complexities may come into play using "Shortcuts" and/or "Triggers".
It will likely take some "Play" time to figure out exactly how to pull off your wants, but I'm sure if you describe exactly what you want, you will receive lots of suggestions on how to accomplish it.

Ice
Mathijs  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 11:46:49 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
You can make shortcuts to the keyboard, xkeys or midi controller buttons with merge transitions on fast, medium, slow and ultra-slow speed.
Just make virtual inputs from the camera image set to where you want the shot to go, and hit the right transition speed merge button. Get a controller with a fader or t-bar and you can also do it by hand.
Indeed as IceStream said, be more specific and we can tell you how we would accomplish that.