logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jaredquinn  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 7:25:16 PM(UTC)
jaredquinn

Groups: Registered

Hi vMix Team,

We use a List to hold all the music we have rights to use on our broadcasts; and we're hoping to more easily incorporate them.

We currently have a hotkey (M) set up to toggle Audio on/off on the list. As this list isn't ever a selected output (just used for background music). I've also tried using it as an overlay, but I'm unable to get the audio to automatically fade in and out instead of just on/off.

If there's a way to do this easily right now that I'm missing I'd love to know how; otherwise can we get some kind of audio Fade In/Out to and from preset levels on keypress functionality?

All our coverage this year has been produced on vMix (we just upgraded from HD Basic to HD a few weeks ago). You can find our coverage at https://www.youtube.com/...wnunderderbytv1/featured

Thanks in advance,
Jared
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 9:16:24 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ jaredquinn

AFAIK, the audio level of an Input can only be "Set" to a specific value in "Shortcuts" and/or "Triggers", so in order to have a "Fade In" or "Fade Out" audio effect, you would essentially have to set up a sequence of "Shortcuts" or "Triggers" with progressive level values.
You may have to "play around" with it to get the exact effect you want, but I believe it is possible to achieve, it's just not as straight forward as a single Shortcut "Function"... Yet!

So +1 in that respect, as I think it has already been requested:
http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=2385

Ice
JimJacobs  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 10:46:06 PM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I'll add to this that another shortcut/trigger should also allow to fade to a set db level in Value....so you can achieve a lower value set to start music for talk over purposes, then hit another shortcut to increase/fade up or down the audio to a desired level before fading it out.