logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2016 9:06:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
specs:
ASUS GL552VW i7-6700HQ CPU@2.60GHZ 8GB RAM
Graphics adapters Intel HD Graphics 530 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

As its a new one for me I wondered why it wasn't using the Nvidia card it turns out one has to tell it when to be used so I turned it on for vMix
And no wonder I got problems with desktop captures (black screen) unless I specified those programs also to use the NVIDA card. (local desktop capture)

Sounds a little stupid of me but it would make sense to set it to global use or does it like for other regular working on this laptop.

either way I am not able to capture the Chrome browser though (I know one can directly input a browser)

Using the Newtek scan converter made it easier regardless of which card each soft was using (except for Chrome again)

- confused (was)
Guy
kane  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2016 11:36:51 AM(UTC)
kane

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
It is a known issue that the both Chrome and Edge web browsers windows will not appear correctly NDI Scan Converter when you view the source window. These applications will appear if you view them using the Desktop option.

It is caused by the hardware GPU acceleration used in these browsers. You can turn it off on Chrome which will make it work, but then the performance of Chrome will be lower. I'm not aware of a way to disable this option in Edge.

Kane Peterson
NewTek